1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CloudFlare issues on xenforo.com

Discussion in 'General XenForo Discussion and Feedback' started by Sadik B, Mar 4, 2016.

1. Sadik B

Sadik B Well-Known Member

Hello guys, this is the 4th time I have seen this screen in last few days.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2016
    Alfa1 likes this.
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I also get it occasionally.

It's related to CF.
  3. Solidus

Solidus Well-Known Member

Not happened once for me.
  4. Alfa1

Alfa1 Well-Known Member

When it happens it keeps happening. Firefox can crash on it.
  5. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

No issues here.
  6. estranged

estranged Well-Known Member

I stopped using cloudflare because of this.
    maszd, optrex and Alfa1 like this.
  7. Mert

Mert Well-Known Member

Hey @Brogan
    This usually happens on Flexible or Full SSL configurations on Cloudflare. If you switch to Full Strict , this shouldn't happen any further.
  8. Brogan

Thanks @Mert, I'll let Mike know.
  9. Mouth

Mouth Well-Known Member

And happening again

Screen Shot 2016-03-18 at 20.01.20.png
  10. Mouth

Mouth Well-Known Member

In the last week or so, my experience of xenforo.com has become extremely poor and my usage very troublesome.

This ...
    Screen Shot 2016-03-22 at 08.07.11.png

And this ....
    Screen Shot 2016-03-22 at 08.15.04.png
    .... appearing regularly.

Hover over alerts, and instead of the list of alerts appearing, the cloudflare 'error' appears in the alerts model window.

Type in a post/reply (like this) and auto-save will automatically redirect me to a cloudflare error page

Load threads/resources, and after a 10 sec, or so, timeout period of waiting, I'll get the cloudflare error or cached version page.

It's approximately 15% of my browsing time and page loads on xenforo.com at the moment, affected by these cloudflare issues.

If xenforo.com cannot get cloudflare working properly, then its clearly not the right CDN (as is my experience with cloudflare) for an XF site. Or is xenforo.com server having real issues and cloudflare reporting these issue indeed correct?

P.S. See my sig for a CDN that will not give these errors all the time :)
  11. Fred.

Fred. Well-Known Member

I also seen that at least 5 times during the last week. (Australia)
    D.O.A. likes this.
  12. Xon

Xon Well-Known Member

XenForo can work fine behind Cloudflare, the webserver might require a bit of tuning so the true IP is restored before any rate limiting is applied.
  13. vbresults

vbresults Well-Known Member

Thank goodness they now show an error message. Previously, when this error occurred, all you got was a blank page.
  14. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

It's worth noting the CloudFlare specifically listed issues with Sydney and Melbourne (with a fix rolled out today).

We are monitoring this.
    Fred., eva2000 and D.O.A. like this.
  15. Mouth

Mouth Well-Known Member

If this is the issue, hasn't worked.
    Just now .....

Screen Shot 2016-03-22 at 23.22.02.png

Screen Shot 2016-03-22 at 23.21.43.png
  16. eva2000

eva2000 Well-Known Member

17. Brogan

FWIW, I haven't had any issues for weeks now.
  18. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

I'm curious as to why it only affects some. I've never had issues at all and still don't.
    Bionic Rooster likes this.
  19. vbresults

vbresults Well-Known Member

This is an issue with their SSL termination servers in certain datacenters, as Mike alluded to. I experienced the same issue with their HK servers, meanwhile US servers worked fine. It has zero effect on non-SSL traffic, by the way.

BTW @Mouth the 522 you referenced and the 525 mentioned by the OP are different issues.
  20. Brogan

They are different issues but I merged two separate threads as they both relate to CF and it's better to keep all of the feedback in one thread.