App for Cloudflare (appforcf.com)

digitalpoint

Nothing super interesting at first glance, but some things the site does...

Homepage builder
Telegram support
  • Login
  • Two-step auth
  • Push notifications
PGP support
  • Two-step auth
  • Encryption of certain things (see below)
Payments
  • Crypto currency payments without a third-party provider (running our own full nodes)
    • Bitcoin
    • Monero
  • PayPal API
    • Webhooks, no IPN
    • Advanced subscription management
      • Users can cancel their own subscriptions
      • Can do advanced things like start subscriptions that don't start until the future (up to 10 years out). Handy for something like, "Pay something upfront or trial, then 2 years from now a subscription starts.
Websockets
  • Push web page updates to the user if needed
Identity verification
  • Can optionally allow users to verify their identity
    • Phone number verification done with Telegram
    • Reads barcodes from ID automatically
    • Updates page in realtime with barcode info via WebSockets
    • Identity verification requests are sent to a review queue for approval/denial
      • If approved, the underlying documents are encrypted with a public key (private key is kept offline) because there are times we need to retain ID documents, but don't necessarily need to look at them often/on demand.
  • Someone that gets their identity verified gets a "verified" badge next to their username (or display name... see below).
1696542447108.webp
1696542621406.webp

1696542786507.webp

Display name
  • Users can have a display name different than their user name (based on user group)... for example maybe you only allow people with verified identities to change their display name (pic above shows the display name as Shawn (with identity verified badge) and username as digitalpoint).
Other profile stuff
  • Cleaned up cometically
  • Granular as far as what is displayed and what fields users can use (user group permissions)
  • Users that are allowed to change "about me" can have those changes sent to a review queue before they are seen.
1696543321545.webp

1696543386518.webp

1696543516114.webp

Marketplace
  • Fairly advanced
  • Integrates with XenForo nodes
  • Supports subscriptions
  • Supports licensing
  • Supports split-payments (allowing users to sell stuff and the site taking a percentage automatically)
Better flashMessage
  • Run this JavaScript in the console (do it a few times back to back) if you want to see what I mean: XF.flashMessage('Test message', 5000);
Blah, blah... other stuff too.

Always been a fan of your work, and the custimizations you can bring to XenForo.

However, I have never been a fan of the use of extreme animations as you scroll a web page. TBF though, I've also grown tired of the subtle ones too

Ya, it's all a work in progress. It's limited to the home page and I'm not really sure what I want to do exactly (possibly nothing). UI is not what I like... I like backend stuff. hah

In the plugin you advertise the Pro version. But the link to purchase does not lead to a checkout/cart page, but to a login page. i.e. hitting a 'You must be logged in to do that' message on a XF login page and an inconspicuous register button.
IMHO you are giving the customer many steps to reconsider the purchase. Is this the current purchase process for a new user?
  1. Go to product
  2. Click Purchase
  3. Go to Login page
  4. Find and click inconspicuous Register button
  5. Fill in registration form.
  6. Go to email account and click validation link
  7. Find product again
  8. Click purchase again.
  9. View cart
  10. Checkout
  11. Pay.
It seems to me that this will cause bad conversion. Do you measure a analytics funnel to see how many users abort?
Optimally it would be something like this:
  1. Go to product
  2. Click Purchase
  3. View cart
  4. View checkout, fill in details (or login) and place order
  5. Pay.
Example:

I would like your WordPress plugin to be very popular and hope that you sell a lot of licenses to make it worth your while. IMHO its important to make the purchase process easy enough to so that sales can grow nicely.

In the plugin you advertise the Pro version. But the link to purchase does not lead to a checkout/cart page, but to a login page. i.e. hitting a 'You must be logged in to do that' message on a XF login page and an inconspicuous register button.
IMHO you are giving the customer many steps to reconsider the purchase. Is this the current purchase process for a new user?
  1. Go to product
  2. Click Purchase
  3. Go to Login page
  4. Find and click inconspicuous Register button
  5. Fill in registration form.
  6. Go to email account and click validation link
  7. Find product again
  8. Click purchase again.
  9. View cart
  10. Checkout
  11. Pay.
It seems to me that this will cause bad conversion. Do you measure a analytics funnel to see how many users abort?
Optimally it would be something like this:
  1. Go to product
  2. Click Purchase
  3. View cart
  4. View checkout, fill in details (or login) and place order
  5. Pay.
Example:

I would like your WordPress plugin to be very popular and hope that you sell a lot of licenses to make it worth your while. IMHO its important to make the purchase process easy enough to so that sales can grow nicely.
Ya, the underlying marketplace system I built does actually support registration-less purchases (I touched a little on it here). However, in this case, I think the problems it causes outweigh the problems it solves. There are a few issues, but the biggest is just the general support issues.

So let's say we let a user make a purchase and create a license... How do we offer them support when we don't know who they are? How do you allow them to later change the license (or allow them to recover a lost license if they misplaced it)?

One option I considered is automatically creating backend user accounts after the purchase is made with the email address, but there are some forms of payment that require ZERO info about the user (Bitcoin or Monero for example). So how do you help someone that you don't even have a clue who they are or if they ever even purchased something and they want help trying to recover a lost license? What if in the future the want to extend the support/upgrade license, but we don't know which original license it should be attached to?

The marketplace flow is probably not the final form... I just need to figure out if there are ways to make it better without sacrificing the ability to actually help customers. Like imagine if you could anonymously buy XenForo licenses... how would you expect XenForo (the company) to help customers when they aren't sure who the customers are?

But ya... I'm kind of in a "first things first" mode with the marketplace. I need to see if it can process a transaction/sale as it's supposed to first. haha After that, maybe the solution is to allow a guest user to pick a username/email/password on the purchase page (if they aren't already logged in), which would effectively handle the registration process in one go... But let's see if it can even process a sales first.. haha

Last edited:
Very nice. I think the 'Premium' link at the top of the home page needs to really bring you to the product listing page where you can see the price first, or somewhere that you can see it before committing to registering, as that's all I was really interested in when first clicking on it. Instead I had to go all the way to the footer to find the info link.

Very nice. I think the 'Premium' link at the top of the home page needs to really bring you to the product listing page where you can see the price first, or somewhere that you can see it before committing to registering, as that's all I was really interested in when first clicking on it. Instead I had to go all the way to the footer to find the info link.
Ya 100% agree with that... there is a link to the product page above it in the header, but ya... I don't know why the purchase link is even on the home page. Not like anyone is going to purchase without looking at the product page. It's been fixed.

Top Bottom