1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 Cloudflare causes problems

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by DennisSkov, Oct 8, 2014.

1. DennisSkov

DennisSkov Active Member

I activated CloudFlare on my forum some days ago, but now something is not right. When CF is activated, it's no longer possible to create threads or make replies to threads, and spoilers no longer work: http://i.imgur.com/shs11de.png and http://i.imgur.com/BuTvb1a.png

As soon as I deactivate CF, these features function properly again.
  2. Mouth

Mouth Well-Known Member

There's been lots of discussion on here about the impact of CloudFlare and what CF settings need changing to rectify. I suspect a search will give you the answers.
  3. DennisSkov

DennisSkov Active Member

The weird thing is that I've used CF before without problems. It seems like they started to happen yesterday after the IP of my webserver changed...
  4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Yes, cloudlfare have recently changed something which is causing many problems...again.
    I have dealt with numerous reports over the last few days.

Frankly it's extremely annoying - perhaps we should start charging cloudflare...

Try disabling rocketloader.
    Chris D and dieketzer like this.
  5. DennisSkov

DennisSkov Active Member

I read this somewhere else, and it seems like it fixes the issue. Thanks.
  6. dieketzer

dieketzer Well-Known Member

cloudflare is more trouble than its worth.
    DennisSkov, BoostN and Andrej like this.
  7. Rudy

Rudy Well-Known Member

It certainly was for me, across multiples sites of varying traffic. Members got tired of getting the "site unavailable" error page, when I knew our site was functioning properly.

I did appreciate their offer to help iron out difficulties for one of the big boards I administrate, but none of my bigger sites are in a position to do tinkering while trying to serve content.
  8. Moscato

Moscato Active Member

Rocketloader breaks all kinds of things

I've had lots of trouble with it. I just keep it off.
  9. rafass

rafass Well-Known Member

I don't miss any any cdn.
  10. Moscato

Moscato Active Member

My main site the forum is residing on has been ddos'd 4 times in the last 5 months

I use cloudflare.