Clip The Apex

Brogan, that member card is looking sharp! (y)

And, great job on the custom work and tweaking the site. With fixed styles, 'real estate' is at a premium and it's great that you were able to take advantage by doing your tweaks.

Any suggestions on what to remove in order to maximize the space?

Thanks Arny, the member card has been tweaked further to slightly improve it again.

I removed a lot of the padding and margins; those that are left I reduced from 10px/5px to 8px/4px.
You will notice on the forum home page that there is no border around the node list - all of that has been removed from the secondary content class.

I also changed the font to Arial as it is a fairly narrow font.

LOL, I didn't even think of changing the font. Smart move.

I just noticed the change in the membercard, even nicer now :)

Thanks for the tips sir (y)

Thanks Arny, the member card has been tweaked further to slightly improve it again.

I removed a lot of the padding and margins; those that are left I reduced from 10px/5px to 8px/4px.
You will notice on the forum home page that there is no border around the node list - all of that has been removed from the secondary content class.

I also changed the font to Arial as it is a fairly narrow font.
Brogan,
What is your forum width setting? And how you decide on that number?
I'm using 1100px width as 1024 screen resolution only takes up 5% of our traffic. The rest is 1280px and up.

It's 992px which is the absolute limit if you want it to fit on a 1024px screen (due to browser scrollbar).

I chose 992 as it's divisible by 8 - just my OCD at play there :D

I did consider designing it for 1280 but I didn't want to alienate the small percentage of users who still have 1024 screens.

It's 992px which is the absolute limit if you want it to fit on a 1024px screen (due to browser scrollbar).

I chose 992 as it's divisible by 8 - just my OCD at play there :D

I did consider designing it for 1280 but I didn't want to alienate the small percentage of users who still have 1024 screens.

With the OCD factor, I figured you'd use the 1000 even number ... still divisible by 8 and a nice round number :)

We're using Flot for the charts (http://code.google.com/p/flot/) but that chart above has been heavily modified as it's not standard Flot code.

For the tables we use Data Tables http://datatables.net/
Paul
I'm interested about this data table thing.
Didn't you have some Google table embed on your site before? Do you replace them with this now?

Would it be possible to use this jquery data table with the data source from Google spreadsheet and embed in XF post/page?

Didn't you have some Google table embed on your site before? Do you replace them with this now?
The site currently uses both.

The home page and Race Hub pages still use the Google API.
The new overtaking add-on uses the new Data Tables jQery plug-in.

Over time we plan to replace all of the Google tables with the new plug-in.

Would it be possible to use this jquery data table with the data source from Google spreadsheet and embed in XF post/page?
I have no idea, sorry.

The logos are mockups nothing great to look at but distinguishing the lettering might eliminate the clip being mistaken for "lip"? The "C" and "A" have been converted to a vectored layer from the type and the A does extend out too far but it'll give you some ideas on the possibility of a colour changes to your existing font to make the clip less like lip. I dunno, my mockup doesn't really fair any better but you know, it gives you the general idea. :LOL:

I like how this looks like a racetrack. Dope.

Well personally I'm trying to reduce quote alerting on my site as posts were becoming littered with quoted content, making it difficult to read threads.
quote.indent.and.prevent.abuse.webp
Ideas for minimizing the quote bloat
(1) Indent
(2) Max quote length, if exceeded: scrollbar
(3) make the quoted text background very light.
(4) automatically remove people who quote ENTIRE posts (and don't edit them) and replace that sprawl with something smaller. (Note: maybe mods and admins would be allowed to quote entire posts.).

Use a hammer! :LOL:
Even better, I'm using this in the post template :D

Code:
<xen:if is="!in_array({$visitor.user_id}, array(1,2,3,4))">...</xen:if>

Anyone who refuses to stop clicking Quote on every. single. post. has the functionality removed.

I could do it with a usergroup but I already have 20 so this simple edit will do.

No, that adds way too many queries to the page - one for each avatar.

I'm using the simple template modification instead.

Top Bottom