Chad

I just ran this query in phpmyadmin:

Code:
 TRUNCATE TABLE `xf_bb_code_parse_cache`

#1146 - Table 'cazzy04_tjforum15.xf_bb_code_parse_cache' doesn't exist

First I ran this query:

Code:
UPDATE xf_post SET message = REPLACE(message, '[color=#0000ff]', '');

It removed 46 from the results. However, the blue font color in posts is still there. How can I fix this?

/admin.php?options/list/performance#_cacheBbCodeTree

That page doesn't exist either.

If you're running XF 2.0, we don't actually have a BB code parse cache any more.

I understand what you are trying to achieve here, but by doing this, you do realise that you've probably left random [/color] closing tags in 46 of the posts, right?

If you're running XF 2.0, we don't actually have a BB code parse cache any more.

I understand what you are trying to achieve here, but by doing this, you do realise that you've probably left random [/color] closing tags in 46 of the posts, right?

Can you suggest a workable solution then? I have a new dark design and the dark blue on black is an eyesore. I found there's about 2500 posts not 46. Phpmyadmin SQL queryes are case sensitive, I forgot.

You ideally need to do a regular expression replacement. There's an add-on which will help with that, though you'd need to come up with the appropriate regular expression yourself:
Alternatively you might want to consider just picking a different colour, if you can come up with one that works on both your styles (I appreciate that's tricky if you're working with both a light and dark style).

Is there a way to at least see how many people are using either light skin or dark skin? This will help me gauge whether or not I should just delete one and stick with the other.

A user's preference is stored in the xf_user table in the style_id column.

A style_id of 0 means they're using whatever the default is. If the value is greater than 0 then they've opted to use that particular style.

Thanks Chris. I see either 0 or 19. I think 19 is the dark mode. The light mode was default since August, up until last week when I made dark mode default. However, how can I do a mass convert from light mode to dark mode, in the future if needed?

It looks like your light mode is 18.

If you are only seeing 0 and 19 I guess that's a good sign - no one has switched back specifically to light mode.

Either way, if any of the styles are deleted or you toggle them off being "User selectable" then the users will just revert back to using whatever the default style is.

Either way, if any of the styles are deleted or you toggle them off being "User selectable" then the users will just revert back to using whatever the default style is.

I just disabled light mode temporarily to test. Then rechecked the table you mentioned. I still see some on 18?

That's expected. When a style becomes unavailable, we don't retroactively update the database. But because that style is unavailable, they'll only be served pages in the default style.

Top Bottom