XF 1.5 Cleanup database and file system

gavpeds

Over time I have used so many adons. Made several edits etc.

I want to I guess almost do a fresh install and clear out any rubbish then import posts, members etc.

Ideally though I don't want to go to this length. What would be the best way to clean things up without doing a title fresh install?

The steps would be:

1. Uninstall any unwanted add-ons and styles
2. Delete the files from the server related to those add-ons and styles
3. If you want to switch to a default style, revert all changes to the style properties and templates and ensure no template modifications are being applied (or create a new style with no parent)

This is the thing I have over time removed plenty of add-ons but now I would not know what file or folder is associated with them or even what half of them were.

I guess all I can do is compare the default xenforo files system and find any I have that are not in the default and not related to plugins we already have.

I guess all I can do is compare the default xenforo files system and find any I have that are not in the default and not related to plugins we already have.
That's about it.
Just download a copy of the package from your customer area and unzip it to your conputer - that will let you see the file structure.

In general though, add-on and style files are generally going to be in only a few places:
  • /js
  • /library
  • /styles
There may also be some images, etc. in the /data and /internal_data directories if any of the add-ons allow for uploading content, etc.

Top Bottom