1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 Cleanup database and file system

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by gavpeds, Aug 15, 2016.

1. gavpeds

gavpeds Active Member

Over time I have used so many adons. Made several edits etc.

I want to I guess almost do a fresh install and clear out any rubbish then import posts, members etc.

Ideally though I don't want to go to this length. What would be the best way to clean things up without doing a title fresh install?
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

The steps would be:

1. Uninstall any unwanted add-ons and styles
    2. Delete the files from the server related to those add-ons and styles
    3. If you want to switch to a default style, revert all changes to the style properties and templates and ensure no template modifications are being applied (or create a new style with no parent)
  3. gavpeds

gavpeds Active Member

This is the thing I have over time removed plenty of add-ons but now I would not know what file or folder is associated with them or even what half of them were.

I guess all I can do is compare the default xenforo files system and find any I have that are not in the default and not related to plugins we already have.
  4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

That's about it.
    Just download a copy of the package from your customer area and unzip it to your conputer - that will let you see the file structure.

In general though, add-on and style files are generally going to be in only a few places:
    • /js
    • /library
    • /styles
    There may also be some images, etc. in the /data and /internal_data directories if any of the add-ons allow for uploading content, etc.
    gavpeds likes this.