Classifieds

Classifieds [Paid] 1.2.0

No permission to buy ($60.00)
I bit the bullet and bought the addon. I was able to install it and configure it so I can create listings and I'm happy with the result.

My question is this. The addon has created a menu on the top bar called "Classifieds". When a member wants to create a listing they have to do so from the "classifieds" menu item and then add a listing.
1609983420622.png

Unfortunately, most of my users can barely use a Texas Instruments TI1795SV...

Is there a way to have a node (forum) where instead of an option to "post a thread" the member can only "add a listing"?

I hope this makes sense.
Edit the category via the admin panel and set a forum to automatically create threads in. You'll also need to check the "Replace 'Post thread' with 'Post listing' option just above it.

Edit the category via the admin panel and set a forum to automatically create threads in. You'll also need to check the "Replace 'Post thread' with 'Post listing' option just above it.
Thanks, that kind of did the opposite of what I was hoping. Trying to keep things less complicated, I created a node (link) that takes the user to the Classifieds section.

Hey all,

Bit the bullet on this one and installed it last night. I'm having trouble getting it running with my UIX theme. There are a couple of very critical functions not working from what I can see i.e. add forum listing instead of add thread (explained by the below missed template mod). Also unable to feature my own listings (option missing) and most importantly there's no automatic thread created. No errors in ACP.

All permissions are enabled. Any suggestions? Anyone running this on XF 2.2.2 with UIX?

1610473083650.webp

Does this addon still require XenForo 2.2+ because the overview says "Compatible XF 2.x versions 2.1 2.2"

Hi @NixFifty

Is it possible to filter listings by custom fields? For example, if somebody selects a price, can we show all items at that price?

Great add-on but if heavily used, the search results of expired listings get really long.
Is there a way to filter the classifieds to only show active ones for both, the list view and the search results?

Thank you
Fabian

This addon does have some good features, but I have a few requests that would be VERY useful for lifting this to a premium tier ^^
  • You can process payments (Paypal) through this addon, just like the XFA Marketplace addon. So users can add their Paypal as a payment method on their listings. (the buyer can of course still chose to fix payments manually/some other way, this is just an option).
  • You can require a percentage on sales, automatically retrieved upon payment (when using paypal). For example 3%.
  • You can provide users with the capability to pay to have their listing featured on the index and categories pages.
  • Allow a user to select their preferred payment method(s) (you can select all that are applicable):
PayPal Bank Transfer
Other Online Payment Service COD (cash on delivery)
  • Allow users to list if they accept to send orders through mail, or just local deliveries. Where do you ship, if so? Example:View attachment 225461
  • When posting a new listing, you should be able to add view a CONDITION POLICY. This is a info text that will show next to the different conditions. For example, the definition of "very good", "like new", "acceptable" etc. The admin can add these details in the ACP.

It's been a year since I requested some improvements to this addon, so I'm trying again now. The buyer percentage from PP may be tricky and is the least important one IMO.

Any chance you could work on this @NixFifty ?

Having just purchased this I too am anxiously waiting on many needed improvements and fixes so consider me subscribed. Tum Tum tummmm.

Hi!
I have a question about this add-on after seeing the demo site?
  • can multiple currencies be used?
  • can custom currency be used (like HUF)?
  • can the number of characters edited? So like from 50.00 to 50 (without the .00)?

is anyone running this at all so i could take a peek please on how it works in the "real world". Test enviro would be perfect, however live would be fine to get a feel for it... Thank you :)

Last edited:
@Z61
I bought the add-on, but have a huge issue with it:
the prices are in "0.00" format, I want to make them full numbers like "0", in my value, becasue the extra 00 at the end are disctracted if the end is round like "10000.00" instead of "10000".

Is there any way to modify it? So that it will be a full number? My country currency only have full numbers.

Thanks a lot! I dont think it is much to ask.

One extra:
how do I turn off Package ? For now I only want my users to have free option so it isnt necessary, but the add-on make it so.

is anyone running this at all so i could take a peek please on how it works in the "real world". Test enviro would be perfect, however live would be fine to get a feel for it... Thank you :)
There's a demo here: https://xf2.nixfifty.com/classifieds

I bought the add-on, but have a huge issue with it:
the prices are in "0.00" format, I want to make them full numbers like "0", in my value, becasue the extra 00 at the end are disctracted if the end is round like "10000.00" instead of "10000".

Is there any way to modify it? So that it will be a full number? My country currency only have full numbers.
I'll change this, yeah.
how do I turn off Package ? For now I only want my users to have free option so it isnt necessary, but the add-on make it so.
There's no way to turn off packages at the moment but I could probably hide them if there's only one free one.

There's a demo here: https://xf2.nixfifty.com/classifieds

I'll change this, yeah.

There's no way to turn off packages at the moment but I could probably hide them if there's only one free one.

So for the two tasks (the "0.00 to 0" and hide packages part.).. at the moment no solution, only thing I can do is wait for an update?
If that's the case I hope it will arrive soon, im not an IT guy but I dont think these are smtg that too much to ask or hard to modify, but it is just as I see it.

But if there's any other way like a extra.less line or something else, please do let me know !:)

So for the two tasks (the "0.00 to 0" and hide packages part.).. at the moment no solution, only thing I can do is wait for an update?
Pretty much. I'm just putting the finishing touches on an update so I might be able to sneak them in.

@NixFifty - is there any way to display this as part of a forum at all? Or will it always seem like a separate section.

I love the functionality it brings, however my users want the bells and whistles, whilst looking like a node...

Thanks for supporting it :)

@NixFifty - is there any way to display this as part of a forum at all? Or will it always seem like a separate section.

I love the functionality it brings, however my users want the bells and whistles, whilst looking like a node...

Thanks for supporting it :)
At the moment, you can have it cross-post listings to a node and replace that node's "Post thread" button with an "Add listing" button.
When do you plan to release the update? :)
Probably tomorrow.

Top Bottom