Classifieds

Classifieds [Paid] 1.2.0

No permission to buy ($60.00)
Another question. My other addons all have FA icons in the nav bar, but this doesn't. Could you add one? Or how can I edit and add it myself?
1590189124967.webp

There are some issues for me. I have to choose this and that in the options, else i get errors in the frontend.
Why i need a type or a package for example?

This addon does have some good features, but I have a few requests that would be VERY useful for lifting this to a premium tier ^^
  • You can process payments (Paypal) through this addon, just like the XFA Marketplace addon. So users can add their Paypal as a payment method on their listings. (the buyer can of course still chose to fix payments manually/some other way, this is just an option).
  • You can require a percentage on sales, automatically retrieved upon payment (when using paypal). For example 3%.
  • You can provide users with the capability to pay to have their listing featured on the index and categories pages.
  • Allow a user to select their preferred payment method(s) (you can select all that are applicable):
PayPal Bank Transfer
Other Online Payment Service COD (cash on delivery)
  • Allow users to list if they accept to send orders through mail, or just local deliveries. Where do you ship, if so? Example:View attachment 225461
  • When posting a new listing, you should be able to add view a CONDITION POLICY. This is a info text that will show next to the different conditions. For example, the definition of "very good", "like new", "acceptable" etc. The admin can add these details in the ACP.

@NixFifty

@NixFifty Any response?

Sorry, I missed that. Some of those are planned but something like percentage splits is probably a bit gnarly and will need some looking in to if it's feasible.

That's okay, the percentage one was the least important one :) (I saw it on the XFA Marketplace addon, and found it be a cool feature). But the other suggestions I really hope will happen =)

Hi @NixFifty and congrats on joining the XF team.
We have very busy classified forums here: https://www.avforums.com/categories/classified-adverts.242/
I put some effort into designing a classifieds addon, to make the whole UX of using our classifieds a lot better, but other work got in the way.

There are some things we need and I want to run those past you here to see whether it's possible that you might implement them.

First, classified ads are always linked to a thread. We only allow negotiations to happen in a thread so we can help members when there is a dispute. It looks like this is supported since conversation and email contact are turnoffable in admin settings. (y)
  1. We would allow one free advert per person per category. Any additional ads would carry a charge. Is it possible to charge people dependent on the number of adverts they have (in total or per category)?
  2. Some people are identified as 'Pro traders'. Either working for a retailer, selling stock or making money out of the classifieds as an 'amateur business'. We want to always charge these people for placing ads. Can we apply charges to people in specific user groups?
  3. Is is possible to allow people to pay to have their ads featured at the top of the home page and/or category listings?
  4. We have some custom fields when creating adverts. Some of these only apply to certain types of ads - For Sale / Wanted / For Trade. Some of these custom fields are required, like whether or not the goods are advertised elsewhere. And we have a tickbox next to a link to our trading rules. People have to tick this to indicate that they have read and agree to them. Is it possible to have custom advert fields?
  5. Can accompanying threads automatically given a For Sale / Wanted / For Trade prefix?
  6. We don't allow advertisers to increase their asking price as this leads to auctioning. Is is possible to allow people to edit their asking price but only downward?
  7. We allow advertisers to archive their adverts. They are also automatically archived after n days without a reply. Can adverts be manually and automatically archived? This would also move the associated thread into a specific archived adverts forum.
  8. Are there states for adverts? e.g. Draft, Live, Under Offer, In Dispute, Archived ? Only Live adverts would appear on the classified home page and in searches. People get annoyed when they search our classifieds and adverts which are under offer are shown in the results.
  9. We currently use this addon: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/xencentral-feedback-system-2.6238/ and, right now, have 522,087 feedback records. Can they be imported into your feedback system?
  10. Does your feedback system impose rules such as
    1. feedback between people must be between the person who placed the advert and someone who replied to the thread
    2. positive feedback for a person is held in a state of pending until feedback is reciprocated (forces people to leave feedback before they can receive it).
  11. Can user feedback be shown in the postbit and in the user profile like it is here? https://www.avforums.com/threads/ps4-games-dual-ds4-charger-further-reductions.2281753/
Thanks.

Hi @NixFifty and congrats on joining the XF team.
We have very busy classified forums here: https://www.avforums.com/categories/classified-adverts.242/
I put some effort into designing a classifieds addon, to make the whole UX of using our classifieds a lot better, but other work got in the way.
Thanks. I just recently took over this add-on so I'd be interested in hearing about your thoughts on improving the UX here.
We would allow one free advert per person per category. Any additional ads would carry a charge. Is it possible to charge people dependent on the number of adverts they have (in total or per category)?
Not at the moment.
Some people are identified as 'Pro traders'. Either working for a retailer, selling stock or making money out of the classifieds as an 'amateur business'. We want to always charge these people for placing ads. Can we apply charges to people in specific user groups?
You can charge people but there's currently no way to only charge certain members.
Is is possible to allow people to pay to have their ads featured at the top of the home page and/or category listings?
Yes.
We have some custom fields when creating adverts. Some of these only apply to certain types of ads - For Sale / Wanted / For Trade. Some of these custom fields are required, like whether or not the goods are advertised elsewhere. And we have a tickbox next to a link to our trading rules. People have to tick this to indicate that they have read and agree to them. Is it possible to have custom advert fields?
Yes.
Can accompanying threads automatically given a For Sale / Wanted / For Trade prefix?
Yes.
We don't allow advertisers to increase their asking price as this leads to auctioning. Is is possible to allow people to edit their asking price but only downward?
Not at the moment.
We allow advertisers to archive their adverts. They are also automatically archived after n days without a reply. Can adverts be manually and automatically archived? This would also move the associated thread into a specific archived adverts forum.
They can close their listing but it won't be hidden.
Are there states for adverts? e.g. Draft, Live, Under Offer, In Dispute, Archived ? Only Live adverts would appear on the classified home page and in searches. People get annoyed when they search our classifieds and adverts which are under offer are shown in the results.
No, there are slightly differently states to account for listings that require payments from the advertiser, active, expired and closed.
We currently use this addon: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/xencentral-feedback-system-2.6238/ and, right now, have 522,087 feedback records. Can they be imported into your feedback system?
Not currently no, that would need to be custom developed.
Does your feedback system impose rules such as
  1. feedback between people must be between the person who placed the advert and someone who replied to the thread
  2. positive feedback for a person is held in a state of pending until feedback is reciprocated (forces people to leave feedback before they can receive it).
Yeah, only the people involved in the listing can give each other feedback. There's no concept of holding feedback until reciprocation.
Can user feedback be shown in the postbit and in the user profile like it is here? https://www.avforums.com/threads/ps4-games-dual-ds4-charger-further-reductions.2281753/
Not at the moment though it's something I plan on adding.

NixFifty updated Classifieds with a new update entry:

Version 1.0.14

• Make purpose of customisable quick info phrases clearer.
  • Only show active conditions when creating new listings.
  • Only load geocomplete and Google Maps JS if the options for it are configured.
Just as a heads up, I (NixFifty) now maintain this add-on so more frequent updates to follow. :)

Read the rest of this update entry...

Thanks. I just recently took over this add-on so I'd be interested in hearing about your thoughts on improving the UX here.

Not at the moment.

You can charge people but there's currently no way to only charge certain members.

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

Not at the moment.

They can close their listing but it won't be hidden.

No, there are slightly differently states to account for listings that require payments from the advertiser, active, expired and closed.

Not currently no, that would need to be custom developed.

Yeah, only the people involved in the listing can give each other feedback. There's no concept of holding feedback until reciprocation.

Not at the moment though it's something I plan on adding.
Many thanks for the reply.

@NixFifty
I have register on your site. Same username as here. But when I try to set my signature, I can not because error/warning about spam show up.
Then I try to tell you about that via PM on your site, but sam error came up.
Also, you disable BBcode code on your site

This is my PM to you which I am unable to send you on your site, because, I belive, some of my words are in spam filter?

Code:
Hi, I tried to set my signature, but error come up.

What is wrong with my signature?
I create my account here because I maybe will buy some of your addons

Signature:

[CENTER][B][URL='https://www.PijaniTvor.com']www.PijaniTvor.com[/URL][/B]
[I][B]Gardening and Fishing[/B][/I][/CENTER]

Errror:

Oops! We ran into some problems.
Your content can not be submitted. This is likely because your content is spam-like or contains inappropriate elements. Please change your content or try again later. If you still have problems, please contact an administrator.

@NixFifty
I have register on your site. Same username as here. But when I try to set my signature, I can not because error/warning about spam show up.
Then I try to tell you about that via PM on your site, but sam error came up.
Also, you disable BBcode code on your site

This is my PM to you which I am unable to send you on your site, because, I belive, some of my words are in spam filter?

Code:
Hi, I tried to set my signature, but error come up.

What is wrong with my signature?
I create my account here because I maybe will buy some of your addons

Signature:

[CENTER][B][URL='https://www.PijaniTvor.com']www.PijaniTvor.com[/URL][/B]
[I][B]Gardening and Fishing[/B][/I][/CENTER]

Errror:

Oops! We ran into some problems.
Your content can not be submitted. This is likely because your content is spam-like or contains inappropriate elements. Please change your content or try again later. If you still have problems, please contact an administrator.
I've tweaked this now. The URL was tripping up the spam filter.

Looking to purchase this shortly. One feature I would definitely like to ask for, if it's possible, is to allow members one or two free listings and then they have to pay for each listing after that.

wow, so long to see a nice addon for marketplace/classifieds.

could you add auction feature in a specific categories?

Top Bottom