Classifieds

Classifieds [Paid] 1.2.0

No permission to buy ($60.00)
I've packaged up all the changes I've made to my local copy in a new addon:

Feel free to post other issues to that thread and I'll see if I can get them patched into it too :)

Thank you. Much appreciated. So much opportunity for a much better Classifieds system for XF. Hope someone does one someday, could be a big revenue opportunity.

On further inspection - this "bug" happens with other official XenForo addons too (Resource Manager for example) - the backend methods used for both are the same.

I'm curious why the input allows text at all though - in fact you can ignore my edits above and simple change the template:

z61_classifieds_listing_edit_macros​

Find:
Code:
<xf:textbox name="price" value="{{ !empty($listing.price) ? $listing.price : $category.draft_listing.price }}" placeholder="{{ phrase('price') }}" style="width: 120px" />

Change:
Code:
<xf:numberbox name="price" value="{{ !empty($listing.price) ? $listing.price : $category.draft_listing.price }}" placeholder="{{ phrase('price') }}" style="width: 120px" />

Now it won't let you put in , (or anything that isn't a number) even if you wanted to :)
Should this be reported to XF?

Also trying to figure out how to re-open an expired listing. I re-open it yet it doesn't appear.
Have just added this function in my enhancements addon.

Also, another bug. My listing expires, it suddenly no longer shows in "your listings". I should be able to see all my listings there, even if expired.. (so I can easily re-list if I want). It's like it never existed. I can only find it again through the forum thread.

As above, have fixed this too :) (Although I don't know if I can say fixed, was it a bug before or just a feature request?)

I can see my sold listing, not sure...
They were always visible (along with Awaiting Payment), I just added Expired on too.

PHP:
        if ($visitor->user_id && $allowOwnPending)
        {
            $listingStatusConditions[] = [
                'listing_status' => ['sold', 'awaiting_payment', 'expired'],
                'user_id' => $visitor->user_id
            ];
        }

I just registered at the NixFifty site in order to license the Classifieds plugin, but seem to be awaiting someone to approve my account. Anyone have any thoughts on the speed of such things?

Yes this addon is not worth buying. Nix has abandoned it and I would be very wary of buying addons from Nix ever again due to his tendency to dissappear from responsibilities.

Yes, @Bob has a superb one. Rock solid.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This is all anyone needs to know!

This (along with Article Management System) is the most well-thought-out addons I have seen, with an incredibly granular array of options.

Don't hesitate to deploy Bob's applications!

As mentioned, Bob addon. Always safe bet.

Also there is XFA Sales (lighter sales addon) and XFA Marketplace (more feature heavy) as good alternatives.

What's Bob's addon?

EDIT: Found it, wasn't advertised here.... Good reminder chaps, I'll check it out.

Anyone running it? Little short on description of features, no demos...

Last edited:
What's Bob's addon?

EDIT: Found it, wasn't advertised here.... Good reminder chaps, I'll check it out.

Anyone running it? Little short on description of features, no demos...
NM! No demo of it on his demo site. I do own it, but don't have it installed right now.

NM! No demo of it on his demo site. I do own it, but don't have it installed right now.

Weird, @Bob you need to pen down a few lines on CAS :)

I have nooo idea what it does basically. I'm about to ruin the mood and drop a classified pun in here unless you divulge a little more info or a demo link perchance ;)

Thanks. The XFA marketplace doesn't look to be a classified plugin (it's a marketplace) but curious if anyone has adapted it.

Weird, @Bob you need to pen down a few lines on CAS
In the store it says:
CAS is designed for forum owners to provide an interface for their members to post classified ads (For Sale, For Rent, For Loan, For Trade, Free, Wanted, Service, Job, Announcement).
Note: This addon does not handle payment processing. Any exchange of monies for goods needs to be handled between the 2 parties OFF SITE.
Hope that helps.

Top Bottom