Add-on Classifieds for XF2

What do you miss there?
Most of this: https://xenforo.com/community/threads/classifieds-for-xf2.138587/post-1284852
It turns out that the term 'classifieds' has very different meaning to people.
Some need a ebay type marketplace for classifieds so they can earn a commission.
Some need auction style classifieds.
Some need simple ads.
Some need advanced ads.

It seems to me that there is room for multiple addons, because one addon is not going to cover the needs of everyone.

It turns out that the term 'classifieds' has very different meaning to people.
Exactly. What you suggested is for me (and probably some other devs) partly a shop / ecommerce addon, whereas classifieds is "just" advertising in my eyes. It would make more sense in my eyes to connect an advertising addon with a shop / ecommerce addon.
This is just my opinion, though.
Doesn't look like a classification page.
I think it should be like this:
Have you tried to ask the other dev to implement a gallery and tabs?

Granted the only XF2 classifieds is pretty barebones at the moment but it's a start. Hopefully the dev will backfill it with some of the essentials and make it more presentable. No opinions yet as it's nowhere near ready for my needs hence I've not purchased.

As per @Alfa1 I think there's room for multiple addons.

Last edited:
That's the IPS one which is brilliant. I asked the developer of that one if he was willing to port it over to XF but sadly it was a no so I am porting my XF site over to IPS :ROFLMAO:

Hello everyone,

@Joe Link , we are glad you like Thread Filter add-on and would be glad to help with classified system development as well. Unfortunately, we are overloaded with custom add-on requests and supporting/enhancing our add-ons published here, so we can't provide any ETA when we would be able to develop the add-on on our own. However, we can handle the project as a funded project, either by a customer or by crowdfunding. We can discuss the options available and the exact terms with anyone interested via a Conversation.

Meanwhiles, we would like to collect a full specification/list of features to be available in the initial release. I have checked the thread fully, there are some details in some posts, but we would need some more clear and precise specification to be able to estimate the time and costs needed for the development.

We have experience building a classifieds system for a private customer for XenForo 1.x which was fully built based on forum structure, turning threads into ads, forums into ad categories, pre-designed forum into a "expired" ads category with ability to relist the ad, a separate image upload to be used as ad thumbnail, etc. XenForo 2.x has custom field system built-in which could fully power a classifieds system in combination with our Thread Filter add-on. So we see a great potential in re-using forum/thread system instead of developing a completely independent system. I would estimate at least 50% less time spent on development if forums would be taken as a base for the classifieds.

Please let us know your thoughts regarding product features and possible limitations of using forums and threads as a base. Once we have a clear specification, we will start a conversation with users who have expressed their wish to share the costs of a funded development and will discuss the final completion terms there.

Thank you!

I would be interested in cost share for this as well.

That's the IPS one which is brilliant. I asked the developer of that one if he was willing to port it over to XF but sadly it was a no so I am porting my XF site over to IPS :ROFLMAO:
Why not waiting for XF2.1 with core API and use the "future" addons that will popup to integrate external script like wordpress or a classified specific one (if the xf2 addon is too basic for you).

Last edited:
I would be interested in cost share for this as well.

Thank you for the reply. Some time ago we started a conversation with users who expressed their wish to fund the development of this add-on, and none of them expressed their wish in the conversation to fund the project so far. Anyway, we have added you to the conversation now, feel free to check the terms there.

Thank you!

Hello, @JoyFreak

@Trueprime has been already added to the conversation. We can't add you now as the there is a limit on the number of participants. We have requested users not interested in funding to leave the conversation, we will add you as soon as there are open slots.

Thank you!

Why not waiting for XF2.1 with core API and use the "future" addons that will popup to integrate external script like wordpress or a classified specific one (if the xf2 addon is too basic for you).
Good thought but sorry I have already gone to IPS on my main site https://www.aircraftpilots.com however I have another site for off topic content https://www.whatsupaustralia.com.au that I am using XF v2 on so I will wait till XF v2.1 to come out and evaluate it before deciding if I will move my Off Topic site over to IPS or leave on XF v2.1 however I can say that I am extremely impressed with all the features of IPS like builtin clubs, blogs, Articles, multiple calendars, commerce (shop) plus the database system that lets you create any kind of different section/addon on your site so simply so you can create a whole web site. Will have to see what v2.1 offers and what can be done with it or if it stays just a forum site

Top Bottom