Class

Class 1.5.22.0

No permission to download
/js/ad_styler/1.0/css/styleBar.css needs to be updated from last nights patch. I didn't include it in the archive correctly, so there was a small issue on member pages.

Is there any way I could blend that nice text background you made with the portal news?

1fzGl

Sure, just add this to either EXTRA.css or thirdparty.css (whichever you've been using for styling third part add-ons):

Code:
#recentNews .primaryContent {
background: url('styles/class/xenforo/class-specific/box-bg.gif') repeat #f5f5f5;
}

Sure, just add this to either EXTRA.css or thirdparty.css (whichever you've been using for styling third part add-ons):

Code:
#recentNews .primaryContent {
background: url('styles/class/xenforo/class-specific/box-bg.gif') repeat #f5f5f5;
}
Do you know where I could add that background on the nodes, for the portal? XenPorta? I'm not sure where to add it...

Thanks!

Ah, I see.

Well, there is a neater way to do this (like using style properties, but since I'm not home and also the fact that if you accidentally change something in the style property it will be affected throughout the entire design, I'll just give you the raw CSS. If you want it with style properties, let me know and Ill go grab it when I get home.

Code:
#recentNews .subHeading {
font-size: 16px;
font-family: 'Droid Sans', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
color: dimGray;
padding: 7px 15px;
//margin-right: -15px;
//margin-bottom: 10px;
//margin-left: -15px;
border-bottom: 1px solid #D5D5D5;
font-weight: normal;
}

You might have to play around with the !important on some of these, and remove a couple as well. I commented out ones I think shouldn't be there. But this is the raw CSS for the sidebar blocks.

Like I said, I'm not home so this isn't exact. If you want an exact answer let me know, but I figured this would get you in the right direction.

Ah, I see.

Well, there is a neater way to do this (like using style properties, but since I'm not home and also the fact that if you accidentally change something in the style property it will be affected throughout the entire design, I'll just give you the raw CSS. If you want it with style properties, let me know and Ill go grab it when I get home.

Code:
#recentNews .subHeading {
font-size: 16px;
font-family: 'Droid Sans', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
color: dimGray;
padding: 7px 15px;
//margin-right: -15px;
//margin-bottom: 10px;
//margin-left: -15px;
border-bottom: 1px solid #D5D5D5;
font-weight: normal;
}

You might have to play around with the !important on some of these, and remove a couple as well. I commented out ones I think shouldn't be there. But this is the raw CSS for the sidebar blocks.

Like I said, I'm not home so this isn't exact. If you want an exact answer let me know, but I figured this would get you in the right direction.
Oh ok thanks, but is there a way to do this completely through style properties like you said might work? I find it easier since I change fonts and stuff sometimes and that would send any changes to the rest of the style that way.

EDIT: I tested it and it only changes the font for the most part, and not the header style. I don't know if it's possible to change that though.

adding background: none !important. So the texture shows through.

And as far as I know, XenPorta does not come with style properties, it uses (for the most part) the common classes that the rest of XenForo uses. So they chose to use .subheading instead of .primaryContent h3 to wrap the content there. But we can have #recentNews .subheading use the style properties of something from XenForo, which would help.

adding background: none !important. So the texture shows through.

And as far as I know, XenPorta does not come with style properties, it uses (for the most part) the common classes that the rest of XenForo uses. So they chose to use .subheading instead of .primaryContent h3 to wrap the content there. But we can have #recentNews .subheading use the style properties of something from XenForo, which would help.
Oh alright, I'll look into it and see what I can do. I'll tell you if I have more questions.

Thanks for the help!

Hey one thing, is there a way to edit the links so, well, people know that they can click them? It's not clear to most people here:
http://puu.sh/1gt61

You said the style was limiting it or something, but I haven't set up multiple backgrounds with the ADStyler. Does the styler conflict with modifications?

I would like it if the ADStyler could only change the background or something.

Chris,

The AD Styler has recently been updated to support such things. Before, you could only change the background texture. Now you can make it an entire image. Have a dungeon, a sunset, a mine, ice world, desert world, forest world, anything you want. Make them each a preset!

As for your links issue, just go to Class > Style Properties > Message Elements > User-Generated Link. Change this to have an underline, a color, whatever you'd like.

And just as a note, if anyone needs specific support please jump over to Audentio Design, so that way people who are watching this thread aren't getting updates on people's specific questions. Thanks :D

Chris,

The AD Styler has recently been updated to support such things. Before, you could only change the background texture. Now you can make it an entire image. Have a dungeon, a sunset, a mine, ice world, desert world, forest world, anything you want. Make them each a preset!

As for your links issue, just go to Class > Style Properties > Message Elements > User-Generated Link. Change this to have an underline, a color, whatever you'd like.
I think it's being overridden by something, like lots of other elements of this style. This is not a unique problem with me...
http://puu.sh/1gRGi
http://puu.sh/1gRMs

Top Bottom