• User Profile Banner upload
  • Mounted Block Storage on /data/ folder
Thanks.

Can you please add support for:
  • User Avatar upload
  • User Profile Banner upload
  • Mounted Block Storage on /data/ folder
Thanks.
Hello and thank you for your suggestions. The unsupported areas are due to a limitaron within XenForo but I'm sure soon enough it will be possible to use the chunk uploader within those areas as well.

We're finding that we are timing out frequently during large file uploads in XFMG using Cloudflare; I was wondering if its possible to change the behavior so the process of rebuilding the chunks can be done on server (perhaps cron, like the transcoder) and confirm to the user that its processing during the upload process?

We're finding that we are timing out frequently during large file uploads in XFMG using Cloudflare; I was wondering if its possible to change the behavior so the process of rebuilding the chunks can be done on server (perhaps cron, like the transcoder) and confirm to the user that its processing during the upload process?
Try to adjust the size of the chunks and see if increasing or lowering the chunk size help you with the time out.

Something else to keep in mind is that cloudflare imposes a. 100 seconds hard time out so if any of the requests takes more than 100 seconds, it will time out even though the process might finish in your server.

Try to adjust the size of the chunks and see if increasing or lowering the chunk size help you with the time out.

Something else to keep in mind is that cloudflare imposes a. 100 seconds hard time out so if any of the requests takes more than 100 seconds, it will time out even though the process might finish in your server.
Yeah, well aware of cloudflares 524 "timeout" after 100s; this unfortunately makes chunked uploads completely unusable because xenforo's handling will tell the user the file has failed to upload; a simple solution would be to time the final chunk via a toggle option for cloudflare and open a new request to hold the users interface open while waiting for the process to complete.

We have no issues with the size of the chunks - and no real limitation on power on the server; this is simply an issue with poor handling on the final chunk

Simply having a user refresh and hope the file uploaded is not really an elegant solution when it could be handled elsewise.

The addon is simply relying on the flowJs library to handle the chunks at the end of the process. I'm sure there are a thousand ways to make it better and I'm sorry it's not working out for you.

I am interested in this addon, but have noticed it's had no updates in over 2 and a half years.

We're using PHP 8.1 and not sure if this is compatible with PHP 8.1.

I am interested in this addon, but have noticed it's had no updates in over 2 and a half years.

We're using PHP 8.1 and not sure if this is compatible with PHP 8.1.
Hello, I haven't received any report regarding PHP 8.1 incompatibility. You can safely purchase it and if you run into problems, I will gladly fix them.

Thanks for the add-on.

Questions:

1. I’m not sure I understood the cloudflare limitation. If there is a 100 sec timeout limit, and my upload speed is let’s say 4 Mb/s, so my max file size that one could upload without errors would be 400 MB?

Can we use for example RabbitMQ as using Web Stomp which relies on Web Sockets to solve this? Or other request in the background with an asynchronously respond serving a 'Loading...' page or similar?

2. After posting a message with an attached file, what would the user see meanwhile it’s rebuilding/transfers the file to 3rd party service?

3. Would this add-on work with Bunny.net?

Thanks

Last edited:
Thanks for the add-on.

Questions:

1. I’m not sure I understood the cloudflare limitation. If there is a 100 sec timeout limit, and my upload speed is let’s say 4 Mb/s, so my max file size that one could upload without errors would be 400 MB?\
Not necessarily, it depends on the chunk size you define. If you expect very low uploading speeds, you can reduce the chunk size so the 400MB file is split into more pieces that are within the 100-second Cloudflare limit.
Can we use for example RabbitMQ as using Web Stomp which relies on Web Sockets to solve this? Or other request in the background with an asynchronously respond serving a 'Loading...' page or similar?

The add-on makes use of the uploading library used by XenForo (https://github.com/flowjs/flow.js/), anything outside of the scope of such library is, hence, outside of the scope of the addon.
2. After posting a message with an attached file, what would the user see meanwhile it’s rebuilding/transfers the file to 3rd party service?
Once all the pieces of the file are uploaded, there is a server side process to rebuild it. If it's a big file and it takes more than 100 seconds to rebuild and you're behind Cloudflare, the user might see an error because of the limit imposed by Cloudflare, although the file is rebuilt correctly behind scenes. This is another limitation when using cloudflare. If this is a problem for you, my suggestion is to lower the maximum file size in your forum settings.
3. Would this add-on work with Bunny.net?
I guess so. If XenForo attachment upload works fine for you with Bunny.net, then this addon will work just fine. Remember that it uses the same library used by XenForo.

You're welcome!

Well crap. I'm still getting a 413 error with my site. Its just a 35mb file...server it set to much larger. But its definitely CF giving me ****. Any thoughts?

Top Bottom