MG 2.0 Chrome Media Corruption Error

BrianC

I'm experimenting with my Xenforo install and using Open LiteSpeed. I installed Xenforo 2.0.11 and Media Gallery 2.0.5 and John Van Sickle static build 4.1. After converting a MP4 from my phone the video plays normally on Microsoft Edge but on Chrome on both PC and Phone I get this error. Don't know about other browsers.

The media playback was aborted due to a corruption problem or because the media used features your browser did not support.

I had PHP 7.2 in use and changed to 7.0 with same result. Permissions on Data and Internal Data are 777.

Any suggestions on issue?

Thanks

Assuming you're referring to the site attached to your license, both of the videos I could see in XFMG played in Chrome without issue for me.

Interestingly, I got that the first time I tried to load the page on my phone (Android Chrome), but when I went to the second video, it displayed fine. I then went back to the first video and it displayed properly.

That's making me wonder (though I didn't have the dev tools attached at the time) whether there's some sort of connection dropping or the like from the server?

I have not had any known issues with connections to the VPS. Since it happens consistently with chrome what has not happened in Edge I would not sink it would be a connection issue. What is it a car in any browser if it work connections dropping?

Unfortunately, this definitely seems to be a server problem of sorts. Loading the video file directly is failing and it looks like the request is being cut off.

For example, going to http://hotshot.pet/data/xfmg/video/0/6-f5cff0ead4b8197bc06c6bb55e09da0d.mp4 directly, I see this in the network tab in Chrome:

I believe the first line may be for basic validation as it seems to be roughly the same between requests, but the "canceled" line is important (I didn't cancel anything).

On a refresh where it worked, it looked like this:

Note the second request has pulled the full data down.

With the other video directed, it behaved like this:

Here, the "canceled" line was actually me clicking play (after it failed to work on load) and it failing again. Clicking play one more time allowed it to work as expected.

Top Bottom