XF 1.5 Elasticsearch errors after database corruption

The short version is:
  1. Everything was fine
  2. I lost power and things shut down uncleanly
  3. I discovered I was running a version of MariaDB that sometimes couldn't dig through the transaction log to clean up problems.
  4. I deleted the transaction logs and things looked OK.
  5. Things were mostly OK, until the xf_search table developed issues.
  6. I posted here and got advice. The problems seemed mostly resolved after I TRUNCATEd xf_search
Now, I've got a user who gets database errors when trying to log in, and as part of trying to figure this out I found a lot of Elasticsearch errors. I've rebuilt the search index thinking that was it, but I'm still getting these:

1628795773624.png

The text here is as follows:

XenForo_Exception: Elasticsearch error: {"root_cause":[{"type":"illegal_argument_exception","reason":"Text fields are not optimised for operations that require per-document field data like aggregations and sorting, so these operations are disabled by default. Please use a keyword field instead. Alternatively, set fielddata=true on [discussion_id] in order to load field data by uninverting the inverted index. Note that this can use significant memory."}],"type":"search_phase_execution_exception","reason":"all shards failed","phase":"query","grouped":true,"failed_shards":[{"shard":0,"index":"thehighroad","node":"kNx6SbmuSiiInhZdnBzOqA","reason":{"type":"illegal_argument_exception","reason":"Text fields are not optimised for operations that require per-document field data like aggregations and sorting, so these operations are disabled by default. Please use a keyword field instead. Alternatively, set fielddata=true on [discussion_id] in order to load field data by uninverting the inverted index. Note that this can use significant memory."}}],"caused_by":{"type":"illegal_argument_exception","reason":"Text fields are not optimised for operations that require per-document field data like aggregations and sorting, so these operations are disabled by default. Please use a keyword field instead. Alternatively, set fielddata=true on [discussion_id] in order to load field data by uninverting the inverted index. Note that this can use significant memory.","caused_by":{"type":"illegal_argument_exception","reason":"Text fields are not optimised for operations that require per-document field data like aggregations and sorting, so these operations are disabled by default. Please use a keyword field instead. Alternatively, set fielddata=true on [discussion_id] in order to load field data by uninverting the inverted index. Note that this can use significant memory."}}} - library/XenES/Search/SourceHandler/ElasticSearch.php:1056 Generated By: [URL='https://www.thehighroad.org/admin.php?users/gimemoore.262137/edit']gimemoore[/URL], 3 minutes ago

Stack trace is:

#0 /home/nginx/domains/thehighroad.org/public/library/XenES/Search/SourceHandler/ElasticSearch.php(391): XenES_Search_SourceHandler_ElasticSearch->_logSearchResponseError(Object(stdClass), true) #1 /home/nginx/domains/thehighroad.org/public/library/XenForo/Search/SourceHandler/Abstract.php(115): XenES_Search_SourceHandler_ElasticSearch->executeSearch('bantam', false, Array, Array, false, 7500) #2 /home/nginx/domains/thehighroad.org/public/library/XenForo/Search/Searcher.php(79): XenForo_Search_SourceHandler_Abstract->searchGeneral('bantam', Array, 'date', '7500') #3 /home/nginx/domains/thehighroad.org/public/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Search.php(253): XenForo_Search_Searcher->searchGeneral('bantam', Array, 'date') #4 /home/nginx/domains/thehighroad.org/public/library/XenES/Proxy/ControllerSearch.php(34): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Search->actionSearch() #5 /home/nginx/domains/thehighroad.org/public/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(369): XenES_Proxy_ControllerSearch->actionSearch() #6 /home/nginx/domains/thehighroad.org/public/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(152): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch)) #7 /home/nginx/domains/thehighroad.org/public/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run() #8 {main}

I'm not even sure where to start looking into this. Anyone see this and immediately know what's up?

Yeah, I'm researching this and I'm still lost. There are directions I'm finding as follows, but I'd think these are fields managed by Advanced Search plugin, and I'm loathe to fiddle with things I don't really understand.

1628800342498.png

Top Bottom