Chrome Font size changed X_X

x4rl

Logged off last night and all was fine! Logged on today and it looks like ive got a update on chrome. (Version 26.0.1410.43 m) And now the fonts are HUGE! does anyone know how to get the old settings back?

Excuse the desktop mess just reinstalled :D
Look at the (Right click on chrome menu) also the bookmarks have grown too... anyone else this new font/paddings? or is it just me?

n21AIIP.jpg

chrome://settings/

^ Copy & paste that in your address bar

Scroll down to the bottom to "Show advance settings"

You'll see an options that allows you to change both the font standard and zoom size. This will affect how web pages are displayed.

As for the menu's ... ie... Bookmarks .... Chrome gets this setting typically from the OS (such as Windows). Let's assume you've not changed any setting and your OS and this is only happening in Chrome.

There have been some plug-ins that also have been known to change this.

chrome://extensions/

^ Put that in your address bar. Try disabling some of them and see what happens.

chrome://settings/

^ Copy & paste that in your address bar

Scroll down to the button to "Show advance settings"

You'll see an options that allows you to change both the font standard and zoom size. This will affect how web pages are displayed.

As for the menu's ... ie... Bookmarks .... Chrome gets this setting typically from the OS (such as Windows). Let's assume you've not changed any setting and your OS and this is only happening in Chrome.

There have been some plug-ins that also have been known to change this.

chrome://extensions/

^ Put that in your address bar. Try disabling some of them and see what happens.
Aye cheers for that I had a go at all this before I posted, Are you running chrome? is yours still the same size? also what Version you on?

Also same OS etc...

Edit = Just checked my lads and his is the same looks like it was a chrome 'update' >.> great...

Aye cheers for that I had a go at all this before I posted, Are you running chrome? is yours still the same size? also what Version you on?
I'm more of a Firefox fan and use both Nightly (23) & Aurora (22).

But I do have Chrome installed and use it from time to time (it has better web debugging tools).
I'm using the developer version of Chrome

Version 27.0.1453.12 dev-m

If you want to make sure you have the latest version

Stable = https://www.google.com/chrome
Beta = https://www.google.com/chrome/eula.html?extra=betachannel
Developer = https://www.google.com/chrome/eula.html?extra=devchannel

Sometimes letting Chrome go through the full install... Seems to help (uninstalling isn't required)

Adam, do you happen to also know a way for chrome to install addons and userscripts in the "old" way where you can just click on an install link or drag them into the browser and install them? (rather than having to go to the extension page and drag a file in there which is a total pain). I don't use Chrome myself luckily, but if I need to explain how to do this to people, the old way (which you can use perfectly fine in FireFox as well) I like an easier way to do so..

Any ideas?

Adam, do you happen to also know a way for chrome to install addons and userscripts in the "old" way where you can just click on an install link or drag them into the browser and install them? (rather than having to go to the extension page and drag a file in there which is a total pain). I don't use Chrome myself luckily, but if I need to explain how to do this to people, the old way (which you can use perfectly fine in FireFox as well) I like an easier way to do so..

Any ideas?
I always use Google's web store for such things and installing them is as simply as clicking on them
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/category/extensions

But the last I knew (it may have changed).....
  1. chrome://extensions/
  2. Locate the "crx" extension file on your computer (wherever you saved it)
  3. drag and drop the file onto the Extensions page from step 2 and Install.

I always use Google's web store for such things and installing them is as simply as clicking on them
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/category/extensions

But the last I knew (it may have changed).....
  1. chrome://extensions/
  2. Locate the "crx" extension file on your computer (wherever you saved it)
  3. drag and drop the file onto the Extensions page from step 2 and Install.

Aye for none chrome store apps you have to do that dam drag and drop :(

Aye for none chrome store apps you have to do that dam drag and drop :(
There is technically away around the need to do drag and drop... But it would require some file edits and you'd lose them as soon as Chrome updated (which it does silently in the background). So its kind of pointless to do it anyways.

Google has been adding security features to help prevent browser hijacks. This is part of those features.

I personally think its not such a big deal (the drag and drop is fine with me).

I got the Chrome update too but only noticed new, larger, menus. Probably will keep them. Supposedly a better spell checker which was the worst I've seen since Apple II word processor days.

Logged off last night and all was fine! Logged on today and it looks like ive got a update on chrome. (Version 26.0.1410.43 m) And now the fonts are HUGE! does anyone know how to get the old settings back?
Do you have zoom on ?
I use control + mouse wheel to zoom / unzoom.

There is technically away around the need to do drag and drop... But it would require some file edits and you'd lose them as soon as Chrome updated (which it does silently in the background). So its kind of pointless to do it anyways.

Google has been adding security features to help prevent browser hijacks. This is part of those features.

I personally think its not such a big deal (the drag and drop is fine with me).
It would be, except that doesn't work if a) the file is on a website rather than on your pc, and b) it's not on the google play store. And just dragging the download link into the exensions page does NOT work. And finding a way to get a script off a website and as a file on your pc is not something I normally want to have to go through.. while having to explain that to less techy people is a nightmare.

Security is all good and well, but it's the same as installing a huge metal door as my only way out, not give me the key and say it's for my own safety. Yes, technically it might be safer, but in the end of the day I prefer being able to leave and enter whenever I want it. So I'd much prefer to get rid of security in favor of my own choices.

But then, that's part of why I don't use chrome anyway, so there's that. :)

It would be, except that doesn't work if a) the file is on a website rather than on your pc, and b) it's not on the google play store. And just dragging the download link into the exensions page does NOT work. And finding a way to get a script off a website and as a file on your pc is not something I normally want to have to go through.. while having to explain that to less techy people is a nightmare.

Security is all good and well, but it's the same as installing a huge metal door as my only way out, not give me the key and say it's for my own safety. Yes, technically it might be safer, but in the end of the day I prefer being able to leave and enter whenever I want it. So I'd much prefer to get rid of security in favor of my own choices.

But then, that's part of why I don't use chrome anyway, so there's that. :)
1 word - FireFox (y)

Stable = http://www.mozilla.org/firefox/
Beta = www.mozilla.org/firefox/aurora
Alpha / Developer = http://nightly.mozilla.org

Top Bottom