Fixed Chrome 57 gives XSS error when editing a post

If I click more options and try to upload a file, nothing happens - Chrome Version 58.0.3029.96 (64-bit)

That doesn't seem similar so a post in Troubleshooting might be the best course of action initially.

It turns out a couple of my sites were labelled by Google as containing malicious downloads - don't know how as both new sites running just XenForo and nothing malicious or illegal at all. This has been resolved on Google's end and the upload box now works on Chrome. Not sure if just coincidence.

It turns out a couple of my sites were labelled by Google as containing malicious downloads - don't know how as both new sites running just XenForo and nothing malicious or illegal at all. This has been resolved on Google's end and the upload box now works on Chrome. Not sure if just coincidence.
Thank you for clearing it out :)
Best regards.

Found it

@Mike

When an ordered list is used in a post it give the XSS error when pressing more options.
  1. test
On our forum then, here it works. Tested it multiple times with different accounts.

I think that a rough equivalent to the workaround I posted earlier is going to be the way to go with this. I originally thought about only applying this in some situations where we output an editor, but the issue is actually the content being submitted and what the next page displays, so we essentially need to trigger this globally. (We're not disabling the XSS protector though, so it shouldn't cause any behavior other than returning to the old default for the XSS auditor in Chrome.)

Top Bottom