Design issue Chrome 22 js display...

Have same issue with all Xenforo sites (on laptop without touch screen). Everywhere hasJs class is missed, while JS is turn on. I've tried to re-install Chrome, but still have this error :confused: . Other browser are ok.

Please post your forum URL. I will take a look.

I upgraded the touchpad driver to the latest version from the computer manufaturer's site.
Thank you for respond. I've tried to update driver to last one from hp site for my notebook model, but still have problem. JS is missed for me:

Code:
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html id="XenForo" lang="" dir="LTR" class="Public LoggedIn Sidebar" xmlns:fb="http://www.facebook.com/2008/fbml">
<head>

This is bug on my side, because I see it here too.

Is javascript enabled in your browser? Try a different browser.

When looking for "hasJs" in the source code be sure to use Chrome. Chrome's dev tools show changes to the source that were made by javascript.

Is javascript enabled in your browser? Try a different browser.
It is enabled and works with other sites, except all xenforo sites. Other browsers works correctly too.
I check source code as you suggested:

Code:
<html id="XenForo" lang="" dir="LTR" class="Public LoggedIn Sidebar hasJs Touch" xmlns:fb="http://www.facebook.com/2008/fbml"><head>

So, the same results as was in case of Waindigo.

I'm also experiencing this on my Windows 7 machine, using Google Chrome v. 25.0.1364.160. I do not have a touch screen. "hasJs Touch" is being added to my html, which is causing it to display.

The challenge here is that we are limited to what the browser exposes and frankly, there is no standard to help us detect whether a user is actually using their touch screen. Or, more annoyingly, there's no way to detect a mouse like we can look for touch events (some techniques involve looking for mousemove which I do not feel is usable).

So really, this is basically a design issue, limited by browser data. IMO, somewhat unfortunately, what we have now is roughly the best we can have (currently).

Top Bottom