XF 1.2 Childs of private nodes - they private too?

Razasharp

Firstly, what a great feature! How many hours have we lost on double checking such permissions on vB!

Back to my question, I have created a mod category, and set it as private. I have also given admins and mods permission to view it.

Now will all forums in this category automatically be private too? (Or do I have to manually set them as private too?) So I'm safe to assume that if they can't see the category (which is private) they can't see any of the forums in it as well unless they have either been granted specific permissions, or have permissions via the parent category?

I think this is the case but just want to double check.

If you can't see the parent, you'll never be able to see the child.

Setting a child of a private forum to private would simply reset who could access it so you could build it back up.

If you can't see the parent, you'll never be able to see the child.

Setting a child of a private forum to private would simply reset who could access it so you could build it back up.
So, if I grant specific permission to a user to see a child they won't be able to view it if the parent is private, and they don't have access to the parent? Am I understanding this correctly?

If the above is accurate, then that means I will have to make the Parent visible to the user, and thus, all other child forums will be visible to that user as well unless I specifically make all child forums private. Is that correct?

Top Bottom