Chat by Siropu

Chat by Siropu [Paid] 1.25.1

No permission to buy (€29.99)
Would my interpretation be correct that if a Chat 1 licence is active on Tuesday, then Chat 2 releases will be included up until a Chat 1 licence lapses and needs renewing, where at that point the licencee would need to decide whether to renew Chat 2 or Chat 1?
That's correct.

Is the plan with Chat 2.0 to focus on Chat 1 feature parity (and stability) only through each of the iterations (Beta 1 -> Release candidates -> Final)? I.e. Media gallery submission ChatBot messages would not appear until at least a Chat 2.1 (side comment: would the XF2 What's new system make XFMG bot messages any easier from your part?).
Chat 2 already has XFMG and RM support for bot notifications. Chat 2 is Chat 1 reinvented with new features and options.

I am amazed at how quickly XF1 addons are being re-released as XF2 compatible given the rewrites required generally speaking.
It depends on how complex the add-on is and if the dev wants to use the same code or write a new and better one (if it's the case). I choose to rewrite everything from the ground up to create a better product.

This is out of mind, only you do this, any other developer not ask any extra money for plugins, except on yearly update, good luck with new chat.
I'm not asking extra. If you have a valid Chat 1.x license, you get Chat 2 as well.

So customer who is own expired license, must renew license to get chat2 or must buy it?
If Chat 1 license is renewed before Chat 2 releases, no need to buy. But I'm thinking on including Chat 2 license even if Chat 1 license has expired, for actual customers. Then they decide which license to renew. How that sounds?

If Chat 1 license is renewed before Chat 2 releases, no need to buy. But I'm thinking on including Chat 2 license even if Chat 1 license has expired, for actual customers. Then they decide which license to renew. How that sounds?
That sound very feir.

That a fair decision!

Question on v1.25.1. We have an odd behavior. If I hover over the name of a chat user, the message disappears. That way I can create a chat window with only names and dates (Except for my own and the chat robot messages, those messages is left untouched). The messages return with F5.

Seems a very promising add-on.

I have one question.
Assume I have a local community, and I want to create many 'main rooms' for it like: Games, Sports ...etc. And I want to create sub-rooms for Games like: Overwatch, Metal Gear, ...etc. Can I do this with your add-on?

Top Bottom