Chat by Siropu

Chat by Siropu [Paid] 1.25.1

No permission to buy (€29.99)
How can I change the color of "Leave Room" text?
107030ca685076c0ed5e054e2c3ed940.png

Suggestion : I would like to add new thread notifications to the chat, however i don't want to limit by what forums are included i want to limit by user names , i have multiple RSS feeds that post under different names , i just want them to not show and only real users threads to show , can you add a feature to limit by username?

Last edited:
Is it possible to create a permanent archive? My forum does live chats for specific sporting events and we're toying with the idea of having a specific chat room for each event to make it easier to revisit those conversations at a later date, but if I can't delete rooms without losing that history I'm going to end up with an ever growing list of chat rooms.

It is not possible. The archive displays the same messages the rooms display, from the same table. If room is deleted, the messages are deleted as well. I can add a soft delete room option so that the room and messages will still exist, but the room won't be displayed in the list.

A soft delete sounds like it would be really useful. You've pretty much identified what I'm trying to do: all the history without the clutter of tons of chat rooms listed.

Are you using the latest version? Giphy url has been changed to use https so there shouldn't be any SSL issues.
As for roll, try using the modifier with a space.

Hi, thanks for replying. I think it was a server-side issue, as I realized it happened on all images on my forum after switching to SSL. It resolved itself.

Try removing this code from siropu_chat.css
CSS:
.siropuChatForumsList #siropuChatContent, .siropuChatPage #siropuChatContent {
        height: 250px !important;
    }

When trying to upload picture, the chat only writes this: /data/Siropu/Chat/Images/159a5649371fb8.png

I have changed the folders to 777

That's the path to the upload. If you click the image button in the editor, you should see all your upload there.

That's the path to the upload. If you click the image button in the editor, you should see all your upload there.
I do not see all my uploaded files? I see this: screenshot.1.png (5).webp after uploading a new file, I see all my uploaded files, but when I'm inserting one of them, the chat only gives the path to the files.

That's the upload box. Uploaded images are found when you click the "Image" button below the chat input box.

For Chat 2.0 on XF2 could I suggest, if possible, altering the "Image" button overlay so that it is possible to get to the upload screen through that button.

Why? On my site I (or other regular chatters) occasionally need to direct new people to the "Upload Image" button because they have incorrectly figured that "Image" is how you upload images, and then on the inverse I sometimes need to tell people to click "Image" to manage/remove existing their uploads as they've assumed this is done via the "Upload Image" overlay.

Perhaps "Image" and "Upload Image" could even be rolled into one overlay since these overlays are related to each other. Using XF2's avatar upload overlay layout as inspiration, I'd like to propose something like this for consideration:
siropuchat-xf2-imageoverlaymock.webp

If separate Image and Upload Image buttons are retained, then clicking "Upload Image" would check Insert uploaded image by default, whereas clicking "Image" would default to Insert image URL.

This is just a suggestion ... either way I'm sure Chat 2.0 will be great :).

The existing upload image button gets frequent use on my site - it is convenient and beats having to use a third-party image service :)

Top Bottom