Chat Banter- General Chit Chat

Brad P

Hey there!

Just got my forum out there. I'm running a custom theme made by @MattiGB (its almost) default theme, so not much to be seen on that matter.

I'm looking for suggestions on the logo and also on the look for a clean looking blue template. Of course, if you wish to become a member, go ahead. :)

Have a great weekend!

FORUM LAYOUT
2020-07-16-08-34-chatbanter.com.webp

NEWS ARTICLES

2020-07-16-08-36-chatbanter.com (1).webp

MESSAGE LAYOUT

2020-07-16-08-37-chatbanter.com.webp

https://chatbanter.com/ - General Chit Chat Community.

Last edited:
Yeah I just created it free on a online logo maker. I tried to use a speech 💬 but its probably a little to close 😅

Looks great!

I don't like these 2 category names:

Community Related
Leisure Area

For starters community-related is more about the leisure stuff because that is your community. ;)
And Leisure Area just sounds weird.

I'd do something like:

Site Info
Community

;)

Looks great!

I don't like these 2 category names:

Community Related
Leisure Area

For starters community-related is more about the leisure stuff because that is your community. ;)
And Leisure Area just sounds weird.

I'd do something like:

Site Info
Community

;)
You know what when I read what you said and looked at the site you are completely right. I've taken your comments on board and implemented them. Thank you for your kind words also.

Your original login/register/search styling was neat. Looks like now it's back to default. I think the former was better. Everything else looks good. Good job!

Done some more updates over the past few weeks, let me know your thoughts:) trying to keep the style basic but with some suttle CSS changes

main forum

View attachment 229295

message layout
View attachment 229296

News Page @Bob
View attachment 229297

logged in main page
View attachment 229298
When I mentioned the logo not making sense with the previous name, it was because the half speech bubble icon looked like a C.

I would make use of that possibility with the new name:

chat.webp

When I mentioned the logo not making sense with the previous name, it was because the half speech bubble icon looked like a C.

I would make use of that possibility with the new name:

View attachment 229339
The logo is the only part troubling me at the moment. I hopefully have a designer working on one today and will post results. The inspiration should be starting with the C for sure :)

I hopefully have a designer working on one today and will post results. The inspiration should be starting with the C for sure
My mockup is pretty crude (it doesn't quite looko enough like a speech bubble anymore) but if you have a pro (or experienced/talented) designer they would make that idea work much better. Or something else completely!

Some updates today
chatbanter-com-1024xFULLdesktop-11aec4.webp

chatbanter-com-1024xFULLdesktop-d35d48.webp

Screenshot_20200706_230230.webp

Just waiting on a new logo to be implemented and then the its complete.

Last edited:
I have deleted some posts which were related to a site which isn't even running XF software, so clearly it's not possible to do a direct copy of the style.

If you still have any issues, take them up with the thread author privately.

I have deleted some posts which were related to a site which isn't even running XF software, so clearly it's not possible to do a direct copy of the style.

If you still have any issues, take them up with the thread author privately.
Thanks Brogan, I've been in touch with the site owner and sorted out any issues that may of been raised. I've updated the images above.

Top Bottom