Changing xenforo.css via ACP?

Alluidh

Hi

There are a lot of funny switches for all of the forum colors. But if you need to change, for example, the hover look of links you had to change the xenforo.css manually. For a lot of people it isn't a problem to work this way but is there a way to change the xenforo.css via ACP for a specified looklike?

Kind regads
Mike

Nice to hear, found it well

But do you think every customer knows the right syntax for the stylesheets? ;)
In my opinion it would be better to use this information just like the style settings?

You use a lot of style settings and it shouldn't be a big problem to put the css settings, for example for links, into this template? (Like Style Properties: General: body)

As mentioned in the initial announcement, we will be exposing more CSS through the style properties. However, not all things will be available there; it's simply not possible. Some aspects will always be in the raw CSS and require edits to be changed.

As mentioned in the initial announcement, we will be exposing more CSS through the style properties. However, not all things will be available there; it's simply not possible. Some aspects will always be in the raw CSS and require edits to be changed.
Please keep Style Properties to functionality switches as much as possible. :) I really hope folks will step up and learn CSS. It's not that hard and if you have any questions please feel free to ask me.

Please keep Style Properties to functionality switches as much as possible. :) I really hope folks will step up and learn CSS. It's not that hard and if you have any questions please feel free to ask me.

I totally agree, but "link decorations", for example a-link, a-visited, a-hoover, are basics SCC codes for all users just like the "text-decorations".

Please take a look into the "Style Properties" where you allowed changing all kind of features. In my opinion links belong to the same kind of category.

There's already another query thread about locating how to customise links
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/where-to-change-the-colors-of-links.5474/unread

so it's obviously an issue.

I think there are two very different kinds of board admins. One type is a user admin and they are full on about organising people and /or information. That's their skill or profession. Business or priority professional users are rather more likely to be in this group as running a business cuts into sleep quite enough already!
The other type is a coder admin who wants to learn html, css or bits of php. Their skills are more broadly spread OR they run a very practical info based board, OR they simply have more time.

I don't think there should be any pressure or "should" on learning any code.
Neither type of admin is lazy or inferior or stupid. We just have different priorities of use.

Personally I find css a nightmare and I can't imagine how it can be described as "not that hard" Feldon. I appreciate the kind offer to help profoundly but that too takes time writing out the exact details of a query and frequently needing several exchanges to get the info.Time consuming.

The contrast to having a comfy user interface where I can click what I want almost instantly to get it in place is obvious. That way I can get on with what I see as the real job (for me) of looking after my people, getting the business in, answering client queries (not about the board), checking banking and finance and budgets, drawing up marketing plans, negotiating deals, events organising, troubleshooting tricky clients, designing seminars, training staff, supervising the work done by my workteams, checking legal issues ... you see I'm trying to get myself a little spare time to just SIT and READ A BOOK! I don't want to invest even more time in my business than I do.

However next time I'm going crazy with css I shall gladly take up your kind off. It's much appreciated.

Top Bottom