Lack of interest when changing an image in ACP there is no way to delete the prior image

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

spirogg

hello I would like to have the option to delete the prior image that we uploaded -
anywhere in the ACP backend.

FOR EXAMPLE: path to logo

while trying out a few different logo sizes and colors I find that afterwards you have 2 3 4 5 6 logos in your directory folder.
If there was a way to add a feature when you upload the logo (as an example) before you add another, you can delete the prior logo.

or

When you upload another logo / image in ACP it will automatically just delete (remove) the logo / image from your directory.

this would help with other areas where you can upload an image and save you space from filling up your directory with images that are no longer being used, and you don't have to login to your cPanel or ftp into your directory to find that image and delete it.

this would be very helpful I think

Spiro

Upvote 3
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Yeah, I noticed this, too when I was working on changing my forum's header image (a custom element from the style we use) to one for Advent. Took me three or four tries to get it looking the way I want so then I had to go into cPanel to clean up the "failures". Would be nice if you even had a checkbox to allow it to overwrite the old image if the new image's name is the same. Not a huge problem, but definitely a nice to have someday kind of thing.

Top Bottom