1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Changing in Avatar Size

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by Frankenfurter, May 13, 2013.

1. Frankenfurter

Frankenfurter Member

I was wondering on where in the templates I would have to go in order to change the size of the poster information block.

Also, I was wondering how to change the size of the avatar in posts only? And the size of the avatar in the sidebar?

Thanks.

2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Frankenfurter likes this.
  3. Frankenfurter

Frankenfurter Member

Thank you. That has helped a lot. The only issue is that that user info is overlapping slightly with where the post text/content is. Is there any way to shift post area over to accommodate this?

And I had also forgotten to ask if there's any way to have gifs move when in the sidebar and on the forum?

4. Jake Bunce

This has CSS to change the margins and widths to fix that:

http://xenforo.com/community/resources/avatars-big-tall.1741/

Otherwise I need to know what page has the problem.

Animated avatars only work when using ImageMagick:

Admin CP -> Home -> Options -> Attachments -> Default Image Processor

Or they also work when using the large avatar ("l") since that version is not resized by the image library.

5. Frankenfurter

Frankenfurter Member

Thanks.

I had increased the avatar size to 200 x 200. As a result, the user info and their post overlap (I uploaded an attachment to show). For the margins, I want to shift the message area over if that's possible.

Attached Files:

6. ArnyVee

ArnyVee Well-Known Member

7. Frankenfurter

Frankenfurter Member

Unfortunately, that hadn't worked (but thanks, though!).

I had re-sized the width of the forum if that helps any. Is there any other way to shift the messages over?

8. Jake Bunce

Please post the URL of the page so I can see the problem and debug your style.

9. Frankenfurter

Frankenfurter Member

10. Jake Bunce

That would be the left margin of this property:

Admin CP -> Appearance -> Style Properties -> Message Layout -> Content Container

11. Frankenfurter

Frankenfurter Member

Okay, thanks so much! That helped! I have just two more questions.

One, is how do I stop the avatar in threads from resizing? Because right now, it's only happening there (http://idesofiron-rpg.com/index.php?threads/testing.1/#post-11)

And my second question was, which part of the style properties do I have to edit in order to edit and make the space between the message and the avatar transparent? I attached an image of what I am speaking of

Attached Files:

12. Jake Bunce

You want to undo what you originally asked to do? You had asked how to change the size of avatars in posts.

Add this to EXTRA.css

Code:
    .messageList .messageInfo.primaryContent
    {
    	background-color: transparent !important;
    	background-image: none !important;
    }

13. Frankenfurter

Frankenfurter Member

Thanks again!

For the other issue: No, I don't want to undo what I did. Only that in certain parts, the images are just the way I want them; however, in threads, the avatar is stretched for some reason.

This is from clicking on the profile:
    [​IMG]
    And how the large avatar should look as I like it. However, in threads, the avatars end up looking like this:
    [​IMG]
    They end up becoming re-sized and sort of squashed, so I'm wondering on where I would go to fix that.

Thanks!

14. Jake Bunce

15. Frankenfurter

Frankenfurter Member

That helped thanks! Issue resolved!

One last question, is there any way to increase the upload limit/size for avatars?

16. Jake Bunce

There is a setting for each group:

Admin CP -> Users -> List User Groups

17. Frankenfurter

Frankenfurter Member

Thanks so much!