XF 1.1 Change Xenforo Paypal email

OakleyForum

I am looking to change the primary email for my paypal account for user upgrades, but wanted to check if it would effect existing upgrades and renewals? Assuming the email is under the same account, just a different email.

Thanks.

The email is used to validate that it is indeed you receiving the payments (not just your callback script). We will simply check what PayPal gives us.

As such, if you're changing to a different account, it would surely affect the renewals (as they wouldn't be associated correctly). Changing to a different email on the same account may work provided you're actually entering the primary email on the account.

In generally, I'd recommend not changing it if possible

The email is used to validate that it is indeed you receiving the payments (not just your callback script). We will simply check what PayPal gives us.

As such, if you're changing to a different account, it would surely affect the renewals (as they wouldn't be associated correctly). Changing to a different email on the same account may work provided you're actually entering the primary email on the account.

In generally, I'd recommend not changing it if possible

Ok, thanks for the quick reply!

Top Bottom