XF 2.1 Xenforo PayPal IPN being ignored and taking no action to cancel subscription

Wutime

I noticed subscriptions aren't being cancelled:

I have a user "Bill Bog" that should have cancelled yesterday on December 17th:

1576668802809.png

I checked IPN notices in PayPal and even resent the IPN.

The IPN was properly received by Xenforo as shown in the payment log:

1576668849305.png

1576668978201.png

This user still retains their promoted usergroup and as the log clearly says "no action taken".

Why aren't subscribers being removed from their promoted usergroups when they cancel their recurring profiles?

Attachments

• 1576668871047.webp
    1576668871047.webp
    54 KB · Views: 4
I think you're misunderstanding how the recurring upgrade system works. The upgrade is extended only when a notification that payment has been received is received from PayPal.

It's likely the upgrade hasn't been expired yet because there's a 24 grace period added because PayPal IPN's can be significantly delayed (despite being called 'instant').

The screenshot shows that PayPal already pinged Xenforo to tell Xenforo the subscription was cancelled.

The subscription was not extended beyond December 17th by the customer, therefore the subscription should be removed from that user.

But it's not. That's the issue.

What I'm saying is, Xenforo has already been successfully notified that the user's membership has expired. Why then hasn't the promoted usergroup been removed from that user.

I'm having an issue whereby people register for a week or month, cancel, and then get to keep their membership forever.

And finally, I searched the entire Xenforo directory of files for "subscr_eot", which is the txn_type PayPal sends for a cancellation and found 0 results:

Code:
Searching 10593 files for "subscr_eot"

0 matches

I think you're misunderstanding how the recurring upgrade system works. The upgrade is extended only when a notification that payment has been received is received from PayPal.

I see what you're saying, it's not PayPal sending updates for cancellations, it's PayPal sending a regular update "they've resubscribed" that keeps their membership continuing.

Hmmm, then why haven't these members been removed from their paid usergroup. grrr.

Because it was due to expire yesterday, and XF gives recurring user upgrades a 24 hours grace period due to various delays. It'll expire within the next several hours.

Top Bottom