Fixed Change username request without permissions

daimpa

Affected version
Hello,
even if I've set to "never" the change permission request for the user group "registered", I've received two username change requests.
How can this be possible?

Screenshot (1312).webp

Something seems wrong as you should not even need never.

What does it show in analyse permissions for a relevant user? (Assuming no addons are affecting this)

Were the requests received before they verified their accounts?

What is the change username permission set to in the unregistered / unconfirmed user group?

Were the requests received before they verified their accounts?

What is the change username permission set to in the unregistered / unconfirmed user group?
Hi Brogan, member is registered from 2015.

But looking at the changelog, I see this:

Screenshot (1319).webp

Setting for Unregistered/unconfirmed:
Screenshot (1320).webp
Maybe that he went in the unconfirmed status when he changed the email address, and used this moment to change the nickname?

But, I've also another username change request, and from the changelog it seems that he didn't changed the email..
I ran a few tests on a vanilla XF 2.2.1 install (no addons) and found that... a regular user could not request a name change with the user permissions settings as "No" for the main "Registered" user group.

They could make the change if the account was not in a valid status and the Unregistered/Unconfirmed group was allowed to change their name (Yes).

At least it does not appear to be a bug in the default XF 2.2.1 (and concurrently tested at XF 2.2.9 with same result). I'd suggest creating a test user and reproducing the same conditions to pinpoint where the issue is.

Thank you for reporting this issue, it has now been resolved. We are aiming to include any changes that have been made in a future XF release (2.2.12).

Change log:
Ensure only valid users are able to change their username.
There may be a delay before changes are rolled out to the XenForo Community.

Top Bottom