Change username [Paid] [Deleted]

I have uninstalled the username change addon, as I get the following error, when trying to use the built in default user sign up process.
"A server error occurred. Please try again later."

There are no errors in the apache log file and nothing in the admin control panel server error logs.
I'm on RC3, I have disabled the add on until it works without affecting the user sign up process.
I am really sorry about that. I was not taking into consideration the "add user" operation that gets picked up by the same DataWriter

I have updated the addon with a fix for this. Just re-upload everything in the upload directory

Quite often people register with their real names or email addresses and then realise they need a tad more privacy and request a user name change.
I'll have my coder add admin approval and we'll remove the time limit.

Will you release it? As it is the only thing this is missing.

My thoughts exactly :)

Or he simply gives it to ragtek or someone else so they can gather and test, implement and release the contributions in incremental builds powered by community teamwork.

*brainstorm*

Quite often people register with their real names or email addresses and then realise they need a tad more privacy and request a user name change.

Sexy pants!

This looks really useful!

Is it possibly to display the past usernames people have used on a users profile? (If it keeps a history already, I guess this is do-able pretty easily?)

Personally I think users should get the choice of changing their name, but I like there to be a public record so people know who they used to be known as.

This function, and an option to toggle it on/off would be awesome :D
in addition, it would be great if those past usernames couldnt be reused by others.
i just know there are people that would immediately reg an old username just to stir the pot.

in addition, it would be great if those past usernames couldnt be reused by others.
i just know there are people that would immediately reg an old username just to stir the pot.
Actually, that is already built in ... that is the reason of keeping the history, the past usernames cannot be reused

He happen to have time yet to look into this?

I uploaded a bug fix. When the user was updating their profile information, it registered that as a "username change", even if the username was not changed, hence denied the username change for whatever the time is configured.

Fixed now. (1.0.4)

Thanks for the addon.
I'm watching this thread in case you implement "username change history", which is "must-have" for this modification.

This add-on is not compatible with 1.1.0
To add on to Jonathan's post, the error is

Declaration of CemZoo_Username_DataWriter_User::_verifyUsername() should be compatible with that of XenForo_DataWriter_User::_verifyUsername()
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in XenForo/Autoloader.php at line 119
  2. XenForo_Autoloader::autoload() in XenForo/Autoloader.php at line 119
  3. XenForo_Autoloader->autoload() in XenForo/Application.php at line 857
  4. XenForo_Application::autoload() in XenForo/Application.php at line 397
  5. XenForo_Application::resolveDynamicClass() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1975
  6. XenForo_DataWriter::create() in CemZoo/Username/ControllerPublic/User.php at line 52
  7. CemZoo_Username_ControllerPublic_User->actionUpdate() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  8. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  9. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/www/-snip-/htdocs/index.php at line 13

I'll have an updated version. In the meantime, the hack can be disabled from the Front page of the admin control panel by just unchecking the box
Thanks mate, we're looking forward to seeing it here :)
It would be great if you could add "username change history" too :)

Cheers.

Top Bottom