Change username [Paid] [Deleted]

Hey Rigel, this mod is well thought off but is missing just one thing! Users should be charged some 'Likes' from their profile! For instance first change will cost '100 likes', second will cost double '200 likes' then 400 and onwards..
This would significantly reduce the changes without bothering the administrator.

Please lemme know your thoughts on this..

Looks like a fantastic resource. Any way to make the use of this per charge from the user? I would like to place a nominal charge on the use of this. If you can do this, I would happily pay/donate for this utility.
Bump-bumpity-bump-bump-bump!

Please let me know if you have some way to make this happen. And if there is a (reasonable) charge involved, I am good with that...I will gladly pay at least a $50 USD for this functionality.

And how do you want to charge for this?
where should the money come from? bdbanking
The post above says "users must be charged some likes"
I would probably not go there, then people would like to charge posts, then something like bdbanking, then paypal ... seems like an awful way to complicate a simple mod.

If someone chooses their Username change history to remain anonymous, does this means Admins can't see them either?

I've had several users make the change and I do not see the History tab on any of their profiles.

Bump-bumpity-bump-bump-bump!

Please let me know if you have some way to make this happen. And if there is a (reasonable) charge involved, I am good with that...I will gladly pay at least a $50 USD for this functionality.

Not exactly directly available, but...

Create a new purchaseable user upgrade which lats for ~1 day.

Assign this addon to only work with that usergroup :)?

I can't change from UTF-8 username like "Việt Hải" to "Bùi Việt Hải" :-s
I didn't really do a lot of test with UTF-8, so I don't know how it would behave. I don't even know if I am seeing that text correctly.
Does it give you an error, or does it just changes it incorrectly?

I didn't really do a lot of test with UTF-8, so I don't know how it would behave. I don't even know if I am seeing that text correctly.
Does it give you an error, or does it just changes it incorrectly?
It sad that My SQL sytax error. I can't change username for member in ACP when addon is enable.
When I disable addon, I can change username ok.

I sent you through a conversation a link for an updated version
For some reason it seem to frown about the size, if you don't want to install the update, then you can run the following sql queries

Code:
ALTER TABLE xf_cz_userchange_log MODIFY old_value varchar(200);
ALTER TABLE xf_cz_userchange_log MODIFY new_value varchar(200);

It still error in Vietnamese.
You can see in attachments.
Thank you!
The following error occurred:

Mysqli statement execute error : Incorrect string value: '\xE1\xBB\x87t H...' for column 'new_value' at row 1
  1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in C:\wamp\www\xenforo\library\Zend\Db\Statement.php at line 297
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in C:\wamp\www\xenforo\library\Zend\Db\Adapter\Abstract.php at line 479
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in C:\wamp\www\xenforo\library\CemZoo\Username\DataWriter\User.php at line 103
  4. CemZoo_Username_DataWriter_User->saveHistory() inC:\wamp\www\xenforo\library\CemZoo\Username\DataWriter\User.php at line 63
  5. CemZoo_Username_DataWriter_User->_postSave() in C:\wamp\www\xenforo\library\XenForo\DataWriter.php at line 1385
  6. XenForo_DataWriter->save() in C:\wamp\www\xenforo\library\XenForo\ControllerAdmin\User.php at line 481
  7. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_User->actionSave() in C:\wamp\www\xenforo\library\XenForo\FrontController.php at line 310
  8. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in C:\wamp\www\xenforo\library\XenForo\FrontController.php at line 132
  9. XenForo_FrontController->run() in C:\wamp\www\xenforo\admin.php at line 13

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-08-27 at 8.20.43 PM.webp
    Screen Shot 2012-08-27 at 8.20.43 PM.webp
    58.2 KB · Views: 8
  • Screen Shot 2012-08-27 at 8.21.25 PM.webp
    Screen Shot 2012-08-27 at 8.21.25 PM.webp
    22.6 KB · Views: 7
I am a little confused on the username history. Does it restrict everyone from using a past username or only others? What if a user would like to revert back to a previos username?

I am a little confused on the username history. Does it restrict everyone from using a past username or only others? What if a user would like to revert back to a previos username?
Only others. If the user wants to revert part to a previous username, he/she can do it, but no other can take it, this prevents people from "switching" usernames
The limit of how often they can change the username still applies, though

can you remove the "previous usernames" tab from member profiles?

In the file "library/CemZoo/Username/Template/Hook.php"

comment the line

Code:
self::setupMemberProfile($name, $contents, $hookParams, $template);

i.e. change it to

Code:
// self::setupMemberProfile($name, $contents, $hookParams, $template);

Top Bottom