Change username [Paid] [Deleted]

I get:
Code:
Mysqli statement execute error : Table 'xf_cz_userchange_log' already exists

when I try to update. Tried to uninstall and then reinstall -- same problem.

I get:
Code:
Mysqli statement execute error : Table 'xf_cz_userchange_log' already exists

when I try to update. Tried to uninstall and then reinstall -- same problem.
Since Install.php has...
Code:
CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS xf_cz_userchange_log

I am guessing you did not upload the files correctly

Since Install.php has...
Code:
CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS xf_cz_userchange_log

I am guessing you did not upload the files correctly

Yes, looks like instead of copying the contents of the upload folder into the forum folder, the upload folder iself was copied. So all the files were in the upload folder on the server rather than the base folder for xenforo.

It's surprisingly easy to do that... makes me wonder how confusing it would have been if it had not generated an error but instead mysteriously reinstalled the old version.

Can you add an icon next to the username (like ebay does) which shows that the name has been changed recently? That way people will realize what has happened. The icon would dissapear after X days. And if people click on the icon, they would view the username history as a popup or go to the person's profile and view the username changes there. I think this would add a lot of value to your mod and foster community.

Can you add an icon next to the username (like ebay does) which shows that the name has been changed recently? That way people will realize what has happened. The icon would dissapear after X days. And if people click on the icon, they would view the username history as a popup or go to the person's profile and view the username changes there. I think this would add a lot of value to your mod and foster community.
Sorry, I have no interest in doing that, but the code is free, you can do it yourself or hire a coder to do it.

Rigel Kentaurus submitted a new resource:

Change username (version 1.10) - Allow the users to change their name

This mod will allow users, from their options, to choose a new username for them.
  • Enabled/Disabled by usergroup
  • A user cannot choose a name that was already used (keeps history)
  • A user can be allowed to change their username each XX days
  • Name change history can be checked through the member page
Buy Now and it get's delivered instantly to your Email Inbox

Read more about this resource...

Bought this last night, and seems to be broken.
  • Users can't change their username via the script.
  • It breaks the warning system; when you warn someone, it goes to a white page instead of actually warning them.
I hope I didn't waste $10.

Bought this last night, and seems to be broken.
  • Users can't change their username via the script.
  • It breaks the warning system; when you warn someone, it goes to a white page instead of actually warning them.
I hope I didn't waste $10.
This does not even override any hook in the warning system itself, I would be surprised it broke it. What happens when you try to change the username? Does it give any error?

This does not even override any hook in the warning system itself, I would be surprised it broke it. What happens when you try to change the username? Does it give any error?
It's odd, the second I enable the add-on, the warning system breaks - the pages turn white after submitting "Warn Member". When I disable this add-on, the issue goes away.

Also, when trying to change your username, nothing happens. I checked the error log, it didn't show anything.

However, I get this error via the JS console:
Code:
POST http://devbest.com/cz-changeusername/update 500 (Internal Server Error)

It's odd, the second I enable the add-on, the warning system breaks - the pages turn white after submitting "Warn Member". When I disable this add-on, the issue goes away.

Also, when trying to change your username, nothing happens. I checked the error log, it didn't show anything.

However, I get this error via the JS console:
Code:
POST http://devbest.com/cz-changeusername/update 500 (Internal Server Error)
check your error log and post the error:)

check your error log and post the error:)
Checked the error log from Apache itself, and this is what I found:
Code:
[Wed May 16 03:16:06 2012] [error] [client <snip>] PHP Fatal error:  Access level to Ragtek_NUNS_DataWriter_User::_postSave() must be public (as in class CemZoo_Username_DataWriter_User) in /<snip>/library/XenForo/Autoloader.php on line 119, referer: http://<snip>/login/login
[Wed May 16 03:16:19 2012] [error] [client <snip>] PHP Fatal error:  Access level to Ragtek_NUNS_DataWriter_User::_postSave() must be public (as in class CemZoo_Username_DataWriter_User) in /<snip>/library/XenForo/Autoloader.php on line 119, referer: http://<snip>/cz-changeusername/edit
[Wed May 16 03:16:30 2012] [error] [client <snip>] PHP Fatal error:  Access level to Ragtek_NUNS_DataWriter_User::_postSave() must be public (as in class CemZoo_Username_DataWriter_User) in /<snip>/library/XenForo/Autoloader.php on line 119, referer: http://<snip>/login/login
[Wed May 16 03:16:47 2012] [error] [client <snip>] PHP Fatal error:  Access level to Ragtek_NUNS_DataWriter_User::_postSave() must be public (as in class CemZoo_Username_DataWriter_User) in /<snip>/library/XenForo/Autoloader.php on line 119, referer: http://<snip>/members/menks.13122/warn

After disabling the NUNS add-on, and enabling the Username Change one, it seems to work fine. Not exactly sure what is conflicting.

It seems that it is a bug in this add-on

open CemZoo_Username_DataWriter_User search for public function _postSave() and replace it with protected function _postSave()
(i think this should fix it, if it's really public like described in the error message)

Riegel, the xenforo datawriter _postSave is protected, so your method which overwrites/overrides(still don't know how it's called in english:D ) need to have the same visibility

(if you feel attacked, i don't want to sound rude and attack you, it's just a help with my bad english^^^:) )

It seems that it is a bug in this add-on

open CemZoo_Username_DataWriter_User search for public function _postSave() and replace it with protected function _postSave()

Riegel, the xenforo datawriter _postSave is protected, so yours need to have the same visibility

(if you feel attacked, i don't want to sound rude and attack you, it's just a help in my bad english^^^:) )
Thanks a lot Ragtek, that fixed the issue! (y)

Looks like a fantastic resource. Any way to make the use of this per charge from the user? I would like to place a nominal charge on the use of this. If you can do this, I would happily pay/donate for this utility.

Top Bottom