Lack of interest Change the phrase: Name

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Stuart Wright

The label Name causes some confusion for people registering because they naively enter their real name (despite the useful description text).
Then when they start using the forums, they don't like their real name being displayed and they request it to be changed.
For this reason, I feel it would be clearer to change the phrase to Forum Name so that it's clearer what the name field will be used for.
I know it's easy to change the phrase (although there is only one Name phrase and changing it to Forum Name globally might have some unexpected consequences), but I think it would be better for Xenforo generally if it was changed to Forum Name and separated from other uses of the phrase Name.

Upvote 2
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I changed my registration form to use "User Name" and I still get full real names frequently, and the inevitable username change request. XF is about the only forum I know where this trend is reversed.

Top Bottom