Not planned Change the default language to English (UK)

Paul B

XenForo moderator
Staff member
A particular bugbear of mine.

So much software these days only has English (US) available.

Considering both developers are from the UK, I was surprised to see it listed as (US).

Upvote 1
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Despite my constant rants on IRC about stupid American spelling, I really don't care what the default is, as long as English is an option :)

I don't know... Americans will insist that the correct way is to spell it without a "u" and the people in the UK think there should be a "u"

English originally created form Roman, Latin and another of other languages was created in the UK though which would indicate that it is in fact the American way which came latter that is wrong ;)

English originally created form Roman, Latin and another of other languages was created in the UK though which would indicate that it is in fact the American way which came latter that is wrong ;)

Whereas...

1MaEq.jpg

But you live here now :p (though god knows why?)
I read somewhere that Mike lives in Glasgow. I know that not many share my opinion on this, but I lived there for 5 years and I love Glasgow!
Please take UK English.
It's better to read/understand for Switzerland User :D
How so? Is it harder to read color than colour? Or gray rather than grey?
The differences are so minute - it's not like they use regional slang - that it really, really does not matter if you think about it. It just doesn't.

Sorry to bump an old thread,
But I have just come across this as I do NOT want an American 'version' of English on my forums, rather, correct English.
I've noticed that in the demo it is indeed US 'English'

Is there a correct English pack here somewhere that I can install or is this going to have to be written? (by me probably??)
Many thanks for your time..
:)

Hmm not cricket.
In the demo I had the option to add language, so I set it based on Locale...
Any suggestions as to where to start?

Is it PHP or XML etc?
If so, and you know the directory of it, I will start writing it ready.
^^ and thank you.

Okay great, thanks. It won't cease anything from functioning when doing so?
Once I've got it I can and will test and fiddle away ;)
Thank you once more and I hope you're enjoying the weekend....

Sorry to bump an old thread,
But I have just come across this as I do NOT want an American 'version' of English on my forums, rather, correct English.
I've noticed that in the demo it is indeed US 'English'

Is there a correct English pack here somewhere that I can install or is this going to have to be written? (by me probably??)
Many thanks for your time..
:)

Sorry to bump an old thread. I tried to send Glockie a PM. But Glockie has his/her/their(?) profile restricted. So I couldn't. So I have to write it here.

Glockie / Did you ever get that UK English language pack written for XenForo 1.5.24 ? If you did, let me know. I really want that for my forum.:)

Thanks!:) Again, sorry for bumping an old thread. Have a nice night/day!:)

Top Bottom