Change tabs to a wizard for processes

Stuart Wright

This suggestion has been prompted by the way our moderators use the warnings system.
When giving a warning, the moderators are presented with this page of tabs:
1.webp
Note that the three tabs contain form elements which should *all* be checked by the moderator *before* the warning is given. Yet despite processes being in place to try to ensure that they click all the tabs to check that the information is correct, sometimes they do not.
So I suggest that instead of tabs, there is a wizard system with, in this case, three pages with Next and Back buttons with the Warn Member button on the last page. This ensures that the moderators have to review the contents of all three pages before the warning is given.

I appreciate that when the tabs present information, like in user profiles, they are the best way to manage that information. But when there is a process, I think a wizard is better.
Please consider this request

Upvote 9
@Stuart Wright it would be great to have this in core.

I'm implemented this in my Warning Improvements addon, but I believe that addon conflicts with the Warnings by Waindigo addon which I understand you to use.

So I suggest that instead of tabs, there is a wizard system with, in this case, three pages with Next and Back buttons with the Warn Member button on the last page.

:eek: I disagree!!!

By doing so you are complicating the process of giving a warning. The most practical solution is to remove the tabs and just show the information with their respective controls in a single page where you have to scroll down to review and finally click "Warn member".

There is a reason why "wizard" is more suitable than a long scroll.
The default conversation text (and other values/settings) differs between warnings. The choice of warning determines the default text (etc.) for the message.
Thus, the default message text (etc.) cannot be populated until the warning is chosen.
Putting it all on one page would require a dynamic page refresh.
Might as well have a "next" button....... It's actually neater.

Top Bottom