1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.3 PHP processes?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Mehmet Kaban, Mar 19, 2014.

1. Mehmet Kaban

Mehmet Kaban New Member

How many does xenforo uses PHP processes simultaneous ?

I was receiving the error while i was trying to register test user

then i checked logs i saw that
    then i saw in FPM public pool status this error :

So I learnt that my host package ( gandi.net Simple Hosting S pack ) can only 2 php processes(
    As reminder, a PHP process is the slot that the web server (Apache2) to
    execute the PHP code/page requested by an user. A PHP process is then opened for a very short time (few millisecond) and freed again. When no PHP
    processes are available, then the web server Apache2 can't satisfy the client's request asking for a PHP page. So Apache2 fails to respond, and the
    web accelerator returns the error 503 since no result came from the web server Apache 2 running on Simple Hosting packet)..

So my question is what is the minimum req. for xenforo to run properly php process?

2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

3. Mehmet Kaban

Mehmet Kaban New Member

so 2 php process limit should be enough actually?

4. Mehmet Kaban

Mehmet Kaban New Member

problem solved with adding php custom ini file
    zend.enable-gc = 0

5. Aibohphobia

Aibohphobia Member

Sorry for the necro but I've been banging my head against my desk for the past hour and this fixed it!

So anyone using Gandi Simple Hosting may need to add that line to the PHP configuration within the instance administration.