1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Add-on Censored Words Usergroup Permission

Discussion in 'Resource and Add-on Requests' started by finefine, Jul 19, 2012.

1. finefine

finefine New Member

Some people want to see profanity, some people don't. On vb4 there is a modification that lets people see censored words by turning the filter off for them in their preferences. Can someone make the same modification here? For example:http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=253026
  2. sonnb

sonnb Well-Known Member

This is possible.
  3. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

Yes it is.

Probably shouldn't be a usergroup permission though.

Should be a custom user profile field (preference). This would give each user the opportunity to change this setting whenever they like. And also give the opportunity to display the option during registration.
    Liam23 likes this.
  4. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

I need this and will donate for it.
    Liam23 likes this.
  5. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

I know how to do it but it's a nasty code edit.

I wanted to find a more elegant solution but was having difficulty doing it in a way that wouldn't potentially clash with other add-ons.
  6. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Darn. I really need it tho cause I got some peeps who are religious and some are just real young.
  7. sonnb

sonnb Well-Known Member

I could do this for:
    - Censored words
    - Specified thread prefix. (configurable via Options)

Drop me a PC.
  8. MOZ

MOZ Well-Known Member

sonnb, I remember you PCed me too when I needed that profanity prefix filter. Could you start a thread like Chris Deeming did. I'm sure you'll find some contributors, and then we'll be able to chip in some as well.
  9. sonnb

sonnb Well-Known Member

Yep, I remember that PC.
  10. sonnb

sonnb Well-Known Member