As designed Categories on category page not at level 0.

Liam W

in memoriam 1998-2020
Affected version
2.0.0 Beta 1
This may not technically be a bug, but I think it should be improved.

I currently have a category as a child of another category, and I'm linking to the parent category's page via a navigation entry.

This shows the child category on the page, but it's still displayed as if it were a child of another category. I would've though that, because we're on the categories page (essentially making that category the 'root' node), that the category would be displayed like it is on other pages - with the category header and the sub-forums displayed underneath.

Liam

I'm not really following your explanation. Screenshots and/or steps to reproduce would be helpful.

I think we're talking roughly about a structure like this:

1504791277831.webp

And having the categoryOwnPage option enabled.

And the fact that going to the Top level category page looks like this:

1504791340289.webp

Whereas perhaps you'd want it to look like this:

1504791378143.webp

I'm not certain I agree as you're already viewing a level greater than 0.

To be fair, it doesn't always make it correct, but it hasn't changed since XF1:

1504791443661.webp

Yeah, that's what I mean @Chris D.

I realised after I posted it that it was the same in XF1, but in XF1 you couldn't set a node as a tab in stock. In XF2, as a category can have it's own tab, it might be considered to act as a second forum list.

Liam

This is generally as designed then.

There are situations where multiple levels could be helpful, but there are also a lot where it looks weird. Notably, if you start having forums directly under the category in question (particularly with further sub-forums). It generally only makes sense to display two levels if you have categories under it. That starts to get into the territory of a per category option.

Hi, i need 1 forum and 1 database,
but if i open
or
i need to i see next level categories like on picture
1504791378143-png.157297

its possible of i need addon?

Top Bottom