1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't use or uninstall add-on

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by toodlez, Dec 9, 2011.

1. toodlez

toodlez Active Member

Okay, I have a custom add-on.

I just transferred from a shared hosting plan to a dedicated server...
    Everything transferred over perfectly, except this add-on.

It is a custom profile field add-on, and it does not work. On the front end I get an error when trying to access the page to edit it:
    On the backend, when I got to the custom profile fields and click on one of them I get the following error:

On the admin-side when I try to disable the add-on and save, I get the following error:
    When I click to uninstall the add-on, I get the following overlay error:

I am using debug mode.

Is this an error in the code, or an error in the server transfer?
    It worked fine prior to the change of servers...

Also, I was thinking I could maybe uninstall / reinstall it but obviously it will not allow me to do that in the ACP
  2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

You'll need to work with the author of the add-on. Your new server may not meet it's requirements (based on the syntax error).
  3. toodlez

toodlez Active Member

Yuck, I just replaced the files from the original install under xenforo > library

I now have this error when you go to my site homepage

4. toodlez

toodlez Active Member

BY the way, I am using the same host, different server
  5. toodlez

toodlez Active Member

I think I've located the issue, I had him use php 5.3 on the add-on, and I did not install 5.3 on my new server, only version 5
  6. Fuhrmann

Fuhrmann Well-Known Member

7. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

That's basically what I meant about not meeting the requirements. :)
  8. toodlez

toodlez Active Member

yeah man, I kinda had a brain fart between forgetting about that error and what caused it initially on the older server :)
    But hey, 3 hours of sleep, a server transfer, and continually working on the XF customization + new website will do that to ya!