1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.1 Proper way to uninstall add-on

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by fredrikse, Feb 7, 2015.

1. fredrikse

fredrikse Active Member

Hi,

I'm about to upgrade my forum soon. Now I wonder what the proper way would be to uninstall an add-on?

2. borbole

borbole Well-Known Member

Simply uninstall the xml file of the add on from your Acp. Then remove its files from your server as well.

fredrikse likes this.
  3. fredrikse

fredrikse Active Member

Thanks! I just tried an uninstall and it worked just fine.

4. fredrikse

fredrikse Active Member

And some add-ons does not have any files, just an XML?

5. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Correct.

Those aren't strictly add-ons, typically template modifications.

borbole and fredrikse like this.
  6. fredrikse

fredrikse Active Member

I realized it sometimes can be tricky to locate the files. Not always are the add-on files visible directly under the library folder. Once I locate them I write the path down for the real forum update.

7. borbole

You should note that if it is a minor upgrade that you are doing, then most likely you won''t need to uninstall the mods. That is if they are compatible with the new version. Which is usually the case with minor upgrades.

8. fredrikse

fredrikse Active Member

I'm upgrading from 1.1. I have gone through all the add-ons that I have installed and marked them whether they support 1.4 or not.

9. Brogan

fredrikse likes this.
  10. fredrikse

fredrikse Active Member

If a certain add-on needs to be upgraded in order for it to work with the new xf version, do I upgrade it before or after the xf upgrade? Is there a general rule for this?

11. Brogan

It depends on the add-on.

The best thing to do is check with the author.

borbole likes this.
  12. borbole

In that case it is better to upgrade the add on after you upgrade your forum imo.

13. fredrikse

fredrikse Active Member

That's what I thought too.