XF 2.0 Deactivate or uninstall add ons before XF 2 upgrade

polle

I am about to updgrade to XF 2 and I want to confirm if I need to just deactivate old add ons or if I have to completely remove them uninstalling them before upgrading.

Any advice ?

If you have no intention of using a particular addon or there is not going to ever be a update of a addon then delete them. Other than that you can disable the addons.

Here is a excerpt from the manual,
  1. XenForo 1 add-ons are not compatible with XenForo 2. You will need to contact the add-on author to see if they have an updated version of any add-ons you use. If you do not intend to use an add-on any longer, if possible, we recommend uninstalling it before upgrading. Not doing so may leave orphaned data in your database.
You can read through it here.

Thank you.

Can't those be deleted later ? That way I can leave everything in its place and start deleting after.

If it is a must to uninstall them, I will.

I just want to confirm nothing will be affected if I leave them there deactivated.

Upgrading to xF2 removes all addon data.

What is left -> data in you db structure.

Whats use of that data, if the addon is ported to xF2, the data in db become realive.

Till that time its just a dead tables in you db.

Is dev going to port it for xF2 -> if the addon is important for you, ask dev to port it before upgrading.

If you dont care about addons currently installed and dont want their functionality in xF2. Consider uninstalling all addon.

No addon from xF1 will work on xF2 unless dev had release ported version.

My suggestion would be -> remove all addons. If addons are important for you and data created by addon is important, then dont upgrade till you get its ported version.

They can, but the uninstaller may not remove all the data from the database, that is why it is recommended to remove any ones that will not be used or upgraded.

Sure, unless there is a XF2 version of the addon to upgrade to. If You delete it, you will loose any database information that may be associated with the addon.

Say you have a "likes" addon. It is popular in your site, If you delete the addon, then install the XF2 version of the add o , any previous likes members had or have will be gone, you would be starting from scratch.

This is why it is important to evaluate each addon and then decide which ones to delete and which ones to keep.

Top Bottom