1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 Can't See Thread Tools

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by mikie, Aug 22, 2015.

1. mikie

mikie New Member

I'm a brand new convert from phpBB to xenForo.
    I didn't even know Thread Tools existed until I installed the "Add On" Calendar 4.9 and read it in the instructions.
    I have searched my site and searched the Admin section and can not find anything referencing this.
    I have searched this Forum and there is only one post referencing version 1.1

I don't even see Thread Tools here either.

Can this be toggled on or off?
    Please help.
    My Forum is imtbtrails | Southern California Mountain Bike Forum
    Thank you!
    Mikie

2. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Check and make sure you've set up your permissions properly.

3. mikie

mikie New Member

Thank you for responding...
    I've tried that at least a half dozen times. What could I be missing in permissions?

4. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

If you're sure your permissions are set up properly, have you explicitly made yourself a moderator?

mikie likes this.
  5. mikie

mikie New Member

I think so. What are the steps, so I can verify?
    Is the Thread tools only available for Moderators?

6. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Admin CP > Users > Moderators

Are you listed there?

mikie likes this.
  7. mikie

mikie New Member

Yes I am...

8. mikie

mikie New Member

As a content moderator...

9. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Just to double-check, do you have the following necessary user group permission set to Allow?

Manage (move, merge, etc.) thread by anyone

mikie likes this.
  10. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

That may be it.

Does the Thread Tools popup menu appear in the forums you're a content moderator of? Content in this case means sectional. If you want to be a moderator of all the forums, you'll want to be a super moderator.

mikie likes this.
  11. mikie

mikie New Member

I just verified and it is a yes...

12. mikie

mikie New Member

How do I become a super moderator?

2nd question: How will Registered use the event calendar? Do they all have to be Super Users? I know that can't be true... I appreciate your time on this..

13. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

Thread Tools are available to those who have the relevant permissions. The tools that are available will depend on the permissions you have (edit post, add poll, manage reply ban etc).

If you haven't already, read this guide on permissions and make sure yours are set up in a similar way.

Implementing permissions across multiple user groups

Also the Manual will explain a lot.

Manual | XenForo

You may want to be a super moderator rather than a content moderator depending on your role on the site.

Moderators | XenForo

You'll have to ask that question in the discussion thread for that add-on.

mikie likes this.
  14. mikie

mikie New Member

Oh wait! My yes looks like I said yes to seeing the Thread Tool. I still do not see it....sorry.

15. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

That's likely a permissions issue. Read the permissions guide I linked to and ensure all yours are set correctly.

mikie likes this.
  16. mikie

mikie New Member

Is there anyone of character that I could PM access to my site show me the errors of my life! I was up until midnight last night trying figure this out. I know it has got to be simple, but I'm just not seeing it...
    Thanks so much in advance.

Mikie

17. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

I suggest you use the permissions analyser in the ACP to check your permissions. Then post a screenshot here for us to check.

mikie likes this.
  18. mikie

mikie New Member

okay, doing this shortly... thank you...

19. mikie

mikie New Member

Okay... Here is my Permissions Analyzer results. Why can I not see the Thread Tools:
    Still willing to have a Moderator go in and see what I am missing. I can't take this anymore.. Grrrrrr!
    upload_2015-8-22_16-11-51.png
    upload_2015-8-22_16-12-22.png
    upload_2015-8-22_16-12-50.png
    upload_2015-8-22_16-13-19.png

20. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

You seem to have all of the permissions.

Just checking - do you actually know what you are looking for regarding Thread Tools? It is the dropdown menu at the top right of a thread.

Screenshot_2015-08-23-00-27-20.png

Just check if you can see these in a thread. If you can't, check the permissions for the node that thread is in to ensure the permissions aren't set to Never.

mikie and Amaury like this.