Fixed Can't search only media from quick search box

Sim

Affected version
v2.0.x
I'm putting this in bug reports rather than suggestions, because this is functionality which was present in v1.x and now missing in v2.x ... a bit cheeky I know :D

In v1.x there is a checkbox "Search media only" in the search dropdown when viewing the gallery, which allows you to constrain your search to media items only rather than performing a site-wide search:

1520881947133.webp

This is not present in v2.x, forcing you to go to the advanced search page to do media-specific searches.

In v2.x, we have the following show up when viewing a forum:

1520882274082.webp

... or a thread:

1520882305848.webp

However, in the v2.x media gallery, we get no choice - it's a site-wide search or nothing, forcing you to use the advanced search to search media.

1520882392256.webp

At minimum, I would like to see the search box when viewing media, show two options: "Everywhere" and "Media only" to replicate the missing functionality from v1.x

It would be even better if it could be expanded to include the following options (depending on context):
  • Everywhere
  • Media only
  • This category / This album
  • This media item (for comment search)
I note that Resources gets this exact functionality - so I think media should too :D

This will require you to do a search index rebuild as we've changed some of the metadata that we store to make these searches possible, but this pretty much demonstrates the breadth of what we have now:

1520948145816.webp

This all of course depends which page you're viewing and what contexts it has. This was taken from a media item, which is in an album, which is in a category, hence why there's a fair few permutations there.

Top Bottom