Can't install Xenforo on my Virtual server

larsf

Hi, i try to install the Forum but it don't work.

I upload all files and change the permissions on the data & the internal_data folder.
If i open the url i see this error page:

You don't have permission to access /xenforo/install/ on this server.
If i rename the .htaccess then i see this error:

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'Zend/Controller/Request/Abstract.php' (include_path='.') in /var/www/web0/html/xenforo/library/Zend/Controller/Request/Http.php on line 1054

how can i install the forum???
Thanks

Does library/Zend/Controller/Request/Abstract.php exist in your xenforo files on the server? If not then something went wrong with the upload, or maybe there were problems extracting the zip file. I would try uploading everything again.

All files exist on the server. I upload the files many times but no changes. I download the package again but no changes. I also upload the zip file and unpack it directly on my server but no changes

No, i don't running PHP accelerators or cachers. I think the path is wrong "Zend/Controller/Request/Abstract.php" this is the right path : "/var/www/web0/html/xenforo/library/Zend/Controller/Request/Abstract.php". If i change this in the Http.php i come to the installation screen from XenForo but if i want to install xenForo then come the next error with a wrong path:
Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php' (include_path='.') in /var/www/web0/html/xenforo/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php on line 550

Must i set the right path anywhere or can i change this?

The .htaccess causing problems is an initial concern.

However, looking at your include_path in the error, this isn't what it should be. It should have an extra directory in it. This can happen if the include_path is modified in httpd.conf or a virtualhost configuration with php_admin_value (rather than php_value). This makes it unchangable by scripts.

That said, I don't think our autoloader should actually require that. Check if the include path is set like that. If you can't resolve it, send me a PM with access details and I'll have a look.

If you're still sitting on your shiny new copy of xF because of the "You don't have permission to access /xenforo/install/ on this server" error, you don't have a clue what PHP accelerators or cachers are (and everything Mike said above went over your head) and you want to play in the sandbox with everyone else, what do you do? Wait for the gold release and an install manual for dummies?

DaKat: I don't see this as being related to larsf's issue. Obviously you want to check the permissions set on the XF directory and all children. It should be readable by Apache, but it shouldn't be 0777 or the like. If you still can't figure it out, we'd have to see the corresponding entry in the Apache error log.

Top Bottom