1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Browser Issue Can't input text, Android browser

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by glorify, Mar 30, 2011.

1. glorify

glorify Well-Known Member

Don't know how high a priority this would be. If on Rich Text, the stock browser on my HTC Evo won't bring up the keyboard when touched. I can switch to the other input method and it works but it took me awhile to figure that out. Pretty sure the browser is stock on most Android devices.

2. Blandt

Blandt Well-Known Member

Have you tried Opera ?

3. glorify

Just reporting the bug.

4. Luke F

Luke F Well-Known Member

The stock Android browser on my Samsung Galaxy S doesn't let me access anything other than the standard editor.

Go http://whatsmyuseragent.com/ on your phone and post what you see. For example my useragent is:

Code:
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2.1; en-gb; GT-I9000 Build/FROYO) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1

5. Kier

Kier XenForo Developer Staff Member

I'm surprised that your phone is attempting to show the WYWISYG / Rich Text editor - it should show only the standard text area to Android devices. Could you show me your user agent? You can see what it is by visiting this page: http://examples.kierdarby.com/clientinfo/

6. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

I'm assuming the browser is configured to "desktop mode", which prevents us from detecting that it doesn't work (because it does actually work, but the browser doesn't actually allow you to input into the editor).

7. glorify

Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10_5_7; en-us) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Safari/530.17

I checked 'Allow mobile view' after that reading, restarted the browser, now all is well. My setting. Good to know for the future though.