XF 1.3 Can't import database from vBulletin to Xenforo

1BJK903

Can someone help me out please? I don't know why I get the error...

In my config file on the live site (vBulletin 3.6.3), I have this:

server: localhost
port: 3306
database username: [mydatabaseusername]
database name: [mydatabasename]
database password: [mydatabasepassword]
charset: utf8

And I fill these in on my Xenforo forum importer vBulletin 3.6... but I get this error:
Access denied for user '[mydatabaseusername]'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

Why is this happening? I mean, I filled all credentials correctly. I even tried modifying the password, but that did not help as well.

Is it because I am using Wamp?

If you're trying to import from 1 server to another, "localhost" will not work. Localhost is basically an alias to the server you currently are on.

Depenidng on how your host has set things up, you can try replacing the "localhost" value with the url of the site you are trying to import. If that won't work, you need to try and figure out either the IP or the full address of the mySQL server your vB Database is running on.

If you're trying to import from 1 server to another, "localhost" will not work. Localhost is basically an alias to the server you currently are on.

Depenidng on how your host has set things up, you can try replacing the "localhost" value with the url of the site you are trying to import. If that won't work, you need to try and figure out either the IP or the full address of the mySQL server your vB Database is running on.

Hmm...

So because the live site is on localhost (not local) and my Xenforo build is on localhost (Wamp), it won't work? So I have to go 'live' with my Xenforo forum, put in a domain, and try again?

Well it is possible but we generally recommend it's done from the same server as it is fraught with issues and problems.
Most of the time people have attempted remote imports, they usually end up doing it from the same server.

So to save time and frustration I take that approach from the start.

Top Bottom