XF 1.5 Cant delete posts or threads

Aberidius

So i just got Xenforo running on my website, i was wondering, for some reason i can't remove threads or anything, perhaps im just blind. I've set the permissions for myself to allowed on everything.

Secondly: People cant upload images. I just shows them an error message and to contact site owner.

You will need to check the moderator status and permissions for your own account.

The permissions analyzer will help with that and also with regards to uploading attachments.

In regard to the first issue, there's your problem. You don't have the ability to delete threads or posts.

Are your user groups set up the recommended way?

That's the recommended setup. Registered should be everyone's primary user group with all the basic permissions you want all users to have. For anything you don't want them to have, be sure to use Not Set (No) rather than Never, which should never be used except in excruciating circumstances, such as for banned users. Other user groups, such as Administrative, should be secondary, with an explicit Allow on permissions you did not give to the Registered user group that you want them to have.

When someone uploads an attachment does it generate a thumbnail?

This error implies there could be an issue with your image processing library (GD or Imagick). It could be installed but be lacking support for the necessarily file types (GIF, JPG, PNG).

This would fit with your server missing support for PNG or JPG. You host may need to recompile the tools in question to support them. (They are normally supported out of the box.)

Top Bottom