XF 1.2 Can't Delete Default Warnings

UKD

When I try to delete or edit my default warnings nothing happens. I am trying to set up custom warnings, I can create new ones I just can't get rid of the old ones. The red delete button/cross is there, so this is why I think it's a bug as the system is telling me I should be allowed to remove them, but nothing at all happens.

Any help? Thanks.

Ok now it's happening to some of my custom warnings. I set them up with custom text and they were fine yesterday. I came back today and they are all set to the 'default text', everything else has remained how I set it with the exception of the message text. I also can no longer delete these warnings or edit them in any way, they just revert back to how they were.

Update: It's all buggy. I came back today to find many of my warnings I made yesterday replicated 5/6/7 times over for no legitimate reason. I notice some I can not delete or edit and some I can. Are you guys sure this has nothing to do with the latest update of Xenforo? I swear my software is stock. The only thing I have is a custom theme all in extra.css which would not affect the warning system and a single add-on that displays a red or green dot when the user is online/offline, and I have disabled that. So it must be the Xenforo software itself (a bug)?

Warnings are vital to running a fair community so this is a big deal, is nobody else experiencing this? I can't find any other posts on this and no staff are replying :(.

I am unable to replicate these issues.

What entries are in the admin log?
That will indicate how these new warnings were created.

Thanks for the reply Brogan.

Here is my admin log for one of the warning that replicated many times over (report system abuse):

adminlog.png

You can see they were all created within two minutes of each other. I didn't make six of them obviously, just the one.

I've clicked on them all and taken a look at the request state and I can't tell the difference between any of them, they all appear to be identical to one another with the exception of the time they were created.

Here is a video of my issue of not being able to delete some warnings. Some of them are default warnings and some of them are custom made warnings that are now no longer deletable or editable.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

In case you couldn't tell in the video I am clicking the red cross and selecting the delete warning button, and as you can see, nothing happens. Not even an error message explaining why it wont delete it.

Hopefully this information can help some and we can try and get to the bottom of this issue.

As I have explained before. The only thing I have done to the site so far that isn't stock/default is a small add-on that adds a online/offline button to a users profile, which is disabled currently, and some info in extra.css that changes the theme (colours, border positions and sizes etc). None of which as far as I can tell should affect the warning system.

Thanks.

This could be related to server or ISP issues.
It is similar to multiple posts and in every case that has been server/ISP related.

Looking at the video, I assume there's either a JS issue or a server issue (or an add-on bug). It could be something like mod_security blocking the request. If you're using Chrome, open up the developer tools and open up the console. Are any errors listed?

Reactions: UKD
Looking at the video, I assume there's either a JS issue or a server issue (or an add-on bug). It could be something like mod_security blocking the request. If you're using Chrome, open up the developer tools and open up the console. Are any errors listed?

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I pulled up the developer tool and saw this (link to image): http://postimg.org/image/fysntfhpf/full/

I cleared my cache and updated Java to see if that would help and it did not. I installed FireFox and tried it on that and perfect, there was no problems at all with FireFox. How strange that his happens in chrome but not FF on the same machine.

I guess I have to apologies as I was sure if was a XF sofware issue and not on my end. I still don't really know what the problem is but at least I can now use a different browser to do it and once it's done, it's done.

Top Bottom