1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 Cant Copy Paste

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Gizzymomo, Sep 26, 2014.

1. Gizzymomo

Gizzymomo Member

Can't copy paste on my server into the standard editor at all. Since the start, was using the TinyMCE editor to just be able to copy paste. But its not light weight and would prefer to use this one.

Specifically if its a long html formatted copy paste.
  2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

I would run the file health check to see if anything hasn't been uploaded correctly.

Then, I would recommend disabling all add-ons and confirming whether you have the issue on the default style. That should resolve the issue and you can make changes back one by one to identify which has caused the issue. (This is assuming you don't have any issues here.)
  3. Gizzymomo

Gizzymomo Member

Still cant find the issue. Please if any developer could PM I am willing to pay for this fix.
  4. Jim Boy

Jim Boy Well-Known Member

Just had a look at your site, works fine for me. Local browser issue?
  5. Gizzymomo

Gizzymomo Member

It works unless its a certain length or something

Last edited: Oct 2, 2014
  6. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Try in a completely default unedited style, with all add-ons disabled.
  7. Jim Boy

So is it a copy/paste issue or is a submission issue?

The image above suggests you did actually paste the message in, but did the error message occur when you pasted the message or when you hit post reply?
  8. Gizzymomo

Gizzymomo Member

when I hit post reply.
  9. Jim Boy

Is your maximum message length too small? Dont forget the length is raw code length so html markup will increase its size.
  10. Gizzymomo

Gizzymomo Member

Where can I change that Jim?
  11. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

ACP > Options > Messages > Maximum Message Length
  12. Gizzymomo

Gizzymomo Member

That, seemed to fix the issues. Thanks for all your help