XF 2.2 Problem with copy/paste tread

Nordgard

When I copy a tread and shall post it again as a new tread (I do this all the time)
All the font/size/alignment change, and I have to make all the changes manually all over again

Is there a way to copy a tread as I made it, and then paste it = And will it look exactly the same?

Hope someone understand :giggle:

In xenforo you can copy posts from within the moderation system. If it isn't a huge thread why not use that it will be better than copy and paste...

Tick the box at the bottom of post #1 (or any post on first page of thread) then choose select all at the bottom of the page and then choose action > copy posts from the moderator dropdown. Then choose copy posts to new thread.

(The reason I said for shorter threads is that you need to do select all for each page :( )

You will keep all formatting so much better than copy and paste.

Last edited:
Thank you, but the new tread needs another date
That's why I copied it in the first place, so it will be a new tread with todays date
(even though I made the tread months ago)
I hope you understand :)

Thank you, but the new tread needs another date
That's why I copied it in the first place, so it will be a new tread with todays date
(even though I made it in June)
I hope you understand :)
Just use a change date addon

You should be able to maintain formatting from clicking "Edit post" -> copy/paste the text from the editor, rather than copying the final output

Top Bottom