1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 Cannot turn off email notification

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Jayt, Apr 24, 2015.

1. Jayt

Jayt Member

I am getting complaints from users stating that they are getting site emails even though they turned off all the options. I tried myself disabling all of the email options including receive site emails and sure enough I continue to get email notifications for a watched thread and for new conversations. I have disabled all of the add ons I have installed. But I cannot see to turn them off. Does anyone have an idea what could be causing this?

Edit:
    After testing further it's only the notification emails for a watched thread that I can't turn off. This would be for a thread that is automatically watched from the settings in preferences. Even with the receive email box unchecked a new watched thread will receive emails.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2015
  2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Jayt likes this.
  3. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

There's also a link in the watched thread email to stop emails from it or all watched content.

Jayt likes this.
  4. Jayt

Jayt Member

Ok, I see now. If a thread is already being watched and receiving an email notice changing your preferences won't affect the setting for the already watched thread. I had to unwatch the thread and then watch it again with out the email notice.

Thank you guys for your help!